Monday, October 9, 2023

Hello Monday ~ October 9, 2023

 Oh, welcome October's weather forecast!  I am linkinng up with Holly & Sarah for a Monday recap.


My weekend began with my drive home Friday after spending a few days in Western Arkansas.  I stopped at a state park on my way home and took a mile and a half walk on a trail.   It was good to break up my drive with a little hike!  I will say, I was thankful not to have twisted my ankle because I didn't have on the best trail shoes and the trail was very rocky.  Also, I was thankful to have found my way out of the trail.  At one point, I looked around and this was the view.  Trees everywhere, but not really a clear path of which the way trail was going. I feel like this is life sometimes.  I look around, not knowing which way to go.  Other times, there are markings that are more visible to show me which way to go.  That sounds like probaly a little too deep for a Monday morning, but I can't help but think about the signs in the wilderness when on a trail walk.
This is a bald cypress tree I saw on another trail.

Saturday was super relaxing.  The weather was in the low 40's.  I cooked breakfast and later went outside to mow the grass.  It was so nice to spend the day at home and not go anywhere.  My husband had been out of town all last week too, so we had not seen each other in a while with my 2 back-to-back trips.  I got a few things done around the house, but mostly, we watched baseball with a little bit of SEC football.  

One of my projects was cleaning my dishwasher.  
I put 2 cups of baking soda in the bottom and lit it sit for 2 hours.  Meanwhile, I hand washed the parts on the bottom, like the filter and arm. After 2 hours, I put 1 cup of vinegar in a container on the top rack and washed a light cycle.  I got this idea and lots of other crafty ideas and recipes from this instagram account: Simply Painted White

I cooked these arepas for lunch Sunday.  I like to make areaps from scratch, but these were quick, easy and delcious.

Sunday afternoon, we went to see a production by a local Shakespeare Theater program.  There was this cool pumpkin display.

It was such a glorious weekend to wake up with cooler temperatures and drink hot chocolate on the back porch!

Now to face a new week.  Hope it is a good Monday for you!










5 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness- pure pumpkin perfection! Wow,someone nailed it ;). Enjoyed your deep thoughts while in the woods- what you said is true. And I am glad you found your way out. I would have been a little nervous.. Have a great Monday!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That park you stopped at is beautiful! I'm glad you made it back off the trail uninjured! You're brave. I am sure you were glad to be back home with your hubby! I love the pumpkin display at the theater. I love pumpkins in general! I hope you have a great day, sweet friend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH my gosh these pumpkins are just beautiful! Giving me all the feels :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hate trails that aren't well marked! LOL. Glad you made it out and without any injuries.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved hearing about your weekend. What a beautiful state park.

    ReplyDelete

Hodgepodge ~ September 30, 2026

 Hi blog friends!  How are you?  Thanks to Joyce, I am linking up with Hodgepodge this week. 1. When you think of autumn what sounds come to...