Monday, November 13, 2023

Chicago Weekend

Hi!   I couldn't quite get a blog post together for this morning, so I am joining in late today with my weekend recap!


Last Thursday, my husband and I went away on a trip to Chicago to celebrate my 53rd birthday.  This was the most last minute trip I've planned where I have flown somewhere.   This was just planned the Sunday before Thursday when we left.  Chicago was the most affordable place and they have public transportation, so we didn't have to rent a car.  

Lake Michigan from the air
And some pretty fall colors and sky!

We took the train from the airport to our hotel.  We stayed at a Hampton Inn and the location was great.  The first night, we got classic deep dish pizza.  We had the chicken sausage and spinach and it was a good combination.
After eating a heavy meal, we did a little walking and went by the classic Chicago theater.

Friday morning, we walked to Millenium Park.  There is construction around the famous "bean", but we got a few pictures there of the other cool structures.

From Millenium Park, we went into the cultural center to see the famous dome ceiling.

We walked from there to the Willis Tower, formerly the Sears Tower.  We went to the observation deck and stood on the glass ledge overlooking the city.
Just a side note....these shoes from Amazon were so comfortable for walking around Chicago for 2 days!
Afterwards, we ate lunch in the building and got these sandwiches, 1 on 2 doughnuts & 1 on a brioche bun :)

We took an Uber to the Museum of Science & Industry for the rest of the afternoon.
There was a fun mirror maze & Apollo 8 spacecraft was on display, which was so cool to see.

That night, we found a mexican resataurant to eat & walked to Navy Pier, but didn't spend too much time there since it was cold and dark at that point.

I will wrap up with a part 2 Wednesday!


























5 comments:

  1. First of all, Happy Birthday! I love the pictures of all the things you got to do in Chicago. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you guys packed a lot of cool things in for your first day! I am impressed. Your pictures are great- the views from the plane ride to the skyscrapers and food. How fun! Looking forward to reading more :).

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun trip! I love seeing that fall foliage from the plane. Chicago is on my bucket list!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun way to spend your birthday! I have those shoes and love them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That sounds like such a fun birthday celebration! The only part that I wouldn't have enjoyed myself was the glass floor.. but the food and the museum look amazing.

    ReplyDelete

Hodgepodge ~ September 30, 2026

 Hi blog friends!  How are you?  Thanks to Joyce, I am linking up with Hodgepodge this week. 1. When you think of autumn what sounds come to...