Wednesday, November 29, 2023

What's Up Wednesday ~ November 2023

Here we are at the close of November, about to welcome the last 31 days of 2023.  
Here is the recap of November....
What we're eating this week.......
Monday - chicken tacos w/avocadoes & healtheir cheese dip
Have any of y'all tried this?  Mix 1 cup of cottage cheese and blend with 1/2 cup of shredded chesse and a tablespoon of taco seasoning.  It is actually pretty good!

Tuesday - chicken pesto pasta with Rosemary sourdough bread 

Wednesday - hamburger & fries

Thursday - Chick-fil-A 

Friday - BBQ & veggies

What I'm reminiscing about........
I am always thinking back to the time when my girls were at home & while life was busy, it was simple and sweet.  I miss those days all the time.

What I'm loving.........
I loved having my girls together for a few days last week.  I am also enjoying looking at twinkling lights in the house.  I will highlight my Christmas decor Friday!

What we've been up to........
I have spent the last weekend & Cyber Monday doing  A LOT of Christmas shopping!  Honestly, I am so glad I am done with it all as I am tired of all the emails, ha!  Now to await all the packages!

What I'm dreading........
As much as I love the holidays, there are some feelings that come along with it that are difficult as well.  I am trying to stay positive and stay focused on God's promises I know to be true.

What I'm working on.......
I am working on some planning for a Christmas trip, which is pretty low key, but I am a planner no matter how small the trip is!  

I am also working on collecting coats for a coat drive my sister and I host each year.  We collect coats in memory of my great-nephew who was born into heaven in 2020. If you are interested in learning more, follow Callaways Coats on Instagram.

What I'm excited about......
I am excited about a few days off at Christmas.  My family is going out of town for a few days to unplug and hopefully relax and spend some good time together.  This is the first year we are planning a trip to be out of town Christmas Eve and Christmas Day with no other family.  We just need some downtime together, so hoping we can put our phones down and do just that! 

What I'm watching/reading......
A few things I have watched lately are Hallmark Christmas movies, SEC football, Virgin River, The Voice, the new episodes of The Crown and still working our way through Murders in the Building.  

I listened to 2 books on Audible this fall....Beth Moore's autobiography, All My Knotted Up Life and Becoming Free Indeed, by Jinger Duggar Vuolo.  

What I'm listening to.......
I am always playing catch up with podcasts it seems!  I am trying to keep up with Let's Read the Gospels each day & some weekly regulars are The Big Boo, Relationship Radio, and Therapy & Theology with a few others as well.

What I'm wearing........
It has been cold this week!  I have worn sweaters and pants most days to stay warm.  I also love a sweater/tunic with leggings and boots.

What I'm doing this weekend......
I don't have any concrete plans, but I may try to go to a Christmas parade and probably just catch up at home on all the little things.

What I'm looking forward to next month.......
I am looking forward to looking at Christmas decorations, listening to Christmas music & cooler weather.

What else is new.........
I feel like most of my time is spent working or watching tv these days, so not too much is new with me at the moment.  

Thanks for reading and stay tuned for Christmas decor on Friday!



 

7 comments:

  1. I'm excited to see your home and to hear more about your upcoming trip! I will also be at the parade this weekend, you should come park at my church and we can find each other. That would be fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking forward to seeing your decorations. We have a parade in town this weekend. I may try to get down there to see it depending on the weather. It's been a few years since I've gone. Hope your trip for Christmas will be wonderful and relaxed. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Taking the time as a family to get away for a few days during the holidays especially can be so special. I also struggle with some not so joyous feelings during the holidays and it takes intention to look for the joy in all.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looking forward to seeing your decorations!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have always wanted to go away for Christmas and my husband has always thought I was nuts... but it looks like I might just get my wish next year so we'll see. I think family time away sounds wonderful! I spent much of my weekend shopping online too and think I am done; it's such a great feeling to have.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think it´s so healthy to acknowledge that there can be some difficult emotions to navigate during the holidays. I appreciate you mentioning it. Looking forward to seeing your house tour!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your trip sounds like so much fun and just what y'all need to regroup and enjoy the holiday together! I can't wait to see your Christmas decor!

    ReplyDelete

Hodgepodge ~ September 30, 2026

 Hi blog friends!  How are you?  Thanks to Joyce, I am linking up with Hodgepodge this week. 1. When you think of autumn what sounds come to...