I am linking up today with Patty and Holly for the Monthly Musings link, all about the holidays!
1. Favorite holiday traditions?
I like to put out decorations the week before Thanksgiving and decorate our tree Thanksgiving Day. Other traditions are looking at holiday lights, making cookies, watching Christmas movies and listening to Christmas movies....all the usual things.
2. Favorite holiday fashion?
I do like a festive sweatshirt/sweater/jewelry this time of year, but don't have too much in wardrobe.
3. Favorite holiday recipes?
This one sounds good to try this year...
4. How do you celebrate the holidays?
Typically, we have a Christmas Eve gathering with my side of the family & attend a Christmas Eve service at church. Christmas Day after opening presents, we go to a brunch at my parents and spend the rest of the day at home. Christmas night, we eat pasta and watch the movie, The Nativity Story. This year, however, we are going out of town, so our schedule will change.
5. Do you go see holiday lights?
Yes! This is something I like to do every year. This is a house I shared recently that is in our neighborhood. Each year they have a different theme.
I am going to share my Christmas decor tomorrow!
7. Christmas tree real or fake?
We always had a real tree until about 5 years ago and we got an artificial tree. When both girls were at home and I went back to work full-time, a real tree was just too much on me, so we got an artifical tree and I have really enoyed it.
8. Favorite holiday treats?
I love the Rolo, M&M's and pretzels treat.
9. Pet gifts?
We do have a dog this year and have bought him some chew toys. My daughter put his paw in clay this week to make him an ornament.
10. Tips to make holidays less stressful?
I would suggest to limit your activites and not overdo spending and going. Enjoy the simple things at home and do what you love. Give your self grace and no obligation to go overboard just because everyone else is.
.jpg)




Thank you for the reminder about giving ourselves grace- Amen! That house in your neighborhood is just the greatest :)
ReplyDeleteI think that is such good advice to limit your activities. I think the kids enjoyed a lot of "busy-ness" when they were little, but now they just want to relax when they come home!
ReplyDeleteLimiting activities was a huge one when the boys were younger. Our holidays always felt so rushed and stressed having so many sides of the family to squeeze in with both my husband and I having so many sets of parents and step parents and siblings and step siblings and 1/2 siblings.
ReplyDeleteLooking forward to seeing more pics of your house! Your tree is really pretty. Those Rolo pretzels look so good. I think I have made them once. I like to try different candies in addition to a few standards like chocolate covered pretzels!
ReplyDeleteBeautiful tree!! I totally agree on limiting activities and really enjoying the things you do for the holidays instead of being rushed or obligated. Wishing you the very happiest holidays this year!
ReplyDeleteI agree on limiting activities. Saying "yes" to something means saying "no" to something else and I'm trying to teach my kids that. We don't have endless energy.
ReplyDelete