Monday, July 8, 2024

Share Our Lives ~ A Day in the Life/Summer Edition

 Good morning!  I am joining up with fellow bloggers for this month's Share Our Lives series.  

Today is highlighting a Day in the Life/Summer Edition.  I highlighted a Tuesday, which is a typical go to work day for me.  Honestly, this looks pretty similiar to a Tuesday any season of the year!


Starting the day with a great reminder, "The battle belonds to the Lord" 1 Samuel 17:47.
If I am up early enough, I try to read some blogs in the morning, but often, I don't get around to reading blogs until later in the day. My alarm goes off at 6:45, but I usually awake prior to this time.
This is my usual breakfast...a Built bar, which is often followed up with either/or fruit, sourdough bread, or yogurt.
I try to light a candle most mornings as I am getting ready for the day.  It is a new habit I have formed this year.
My brief morning routine is to wash my face with water, roll over my skin, add serum, under eye cream and moisturizer.  Afterwards, I applied makeup and a simple hair brush and style.
I had a long day ahead of me, so I wore my sneakers with this dress to work.
I took my morning vitamins...
and then I unloaded the dishwasher.  With Brook home, I run the dishwasher 2-3 times a week.  Running and emptying the dishwasher is not a daily task, but I had time this morning to unload the clean dishes and left some out to finishing drying.
I left for work around 7:15.  Normally during the summer when traffic isn't as bad, I leave a little later, but I had some work to get done early this morning at the office.
I listen to podcasts usually on my way to work.  I will actually be blogging about those later this week!
This is my 2nd breakfast, lunch and snacks for the day.  I had yogurt, banana, apple, Simple Mills almond flour crackers, grilled chicken, and a protein drink.
Here is one side of my desk.
And here is the other side.  I have a candle warmer and a fan on my desk!
A part of my job is ordering things for hospitals and random things for our office, so I get lots of Amazon packages at work too!
Because I had a lot on my to-do list this day, it didn't take long for my desk to look like this!
We have a weekly staff meeting and early afternoon, I recorded a podcast.  Part of my job is the recording part and scheduling our guests.
Typically, I am off mid afternoon, but I stayed until 5pm this day because I  had my last night of volunteering to serve dinner to campers and staff at SOS, the ministry I mentioned a few weeks ago. It was better to stay out all day than drive home and back to the dinner.  In between work and going to volunteer, I stopped by Smoothie King to get a drink for dinner.
.
I headed to SOS and helped serve dinner.  
Afterwards, I had some trouble going to sleep with my mind racing, but finally was able to get some rest after a long day.

Thanks for following along!

I will be back tomorrow with a brief weekend update!













20 comments:

  1. Busy day! How fun that you record podcasts ;). How great that you volunteer so much- inspirational! Have a great Monday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I record a podcast a few times a month, but it is stressful! We have editors that help us, but I just try to get the recording and sound right. You too!

      Delete
  2. That was interesting! I love the lunch you packed. I really enjoy lots of odds and ends. And, your outfit! Tell me more about the sneakers! Do you not have the best day when you wear them? I am so much more comfortable at work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I tend to be an all day snacker and feel like a rarely eat a meal these days unless I go out to eat. I think I shared the sneakers here a few months ago, but can't remember. I bought them from Walmart.com! Yes, it makes me feel young when I wear these, ha!

      Delete
  3. So do you host a regular podcast? That's fun! I listen to a few so will look forward to your post about which ones you enjoy. Have a nice week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just record the podcast, but I was on one episode. Same to you!

      Delete
  4. I get up at 6:45 too. :) Thanks for sharing a day with us!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a busy day! I love that you record podcasts as well as listen to them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. sounds like a busy day. I love your calendar layout. Thanks for linking up

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I love finding a pretty floral with a scripture each month.

      Delete
  7. I loved reading about your day in the life! Why are these posts always fascinating to me? I don't know if I realized that part of your job is recording a podcast. I love the dress with tennis shoes look, too. Comfort always wins!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It sounds like a lovely day!
    Lighting a candle is such a nice habit and your desk was so pretty until you got busy with your to do list. hehehe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, and I at least was able to leave with a clean desk again!

      Delete
  9. I love day in the life posts! How cool that you record podcasts as part of your job.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love reading day in the life posts. Thanks for linking up with us. I love your dress.

    ReplyDelete

Hodgepodge ~ September 30, 2026

 Hi blog friends!  How are you?  Thanks to Joyce, I am linking up with Hodgepodge this week. 1. When you think of autumn what sounds come to...