Monday, August 26, 2024

Hello Monday ~ August 26, 2024

Good Monday morning to you!  Oh, another eventful weekend was had here.  How was yours?  Here is a recap of goings on.....


Friday, I worked in the morning from home with my 2nd part time job and worked in the office that afternoon with my 1st part time job.  It is rare I have to go in on a Friday, but we had a big event Saturday.  More on that in a minue...
Friday evening, I came home and prepared my favorite frozen pizza.  This is Milton's veggie pizza on a cauliflower crust from Costco.  It is my favorite of the cauliflower crust pizzas.  I added turkey pepperoni and some additional mozzerella cheese and it taste delcious.  
It was even better when shared with Jenn! She came over Friday night and we enjoyed pizza, chocolate chip cookies and wine.  The cookie box picture is sideways, but that is appropriate for my life and weekend!  
We talked about everything from relationships, recipes, furniture, kids, worship music, and beginning to plan another blog trip!

Saturday morning, I left my house at 5:30 and helped set up for a 5K.  This is our annual fundraiser for the non-profit where I work.  It was beautiful to watch the colors of the sky unfold as the sun appeared.  The weather could not have been more perfect for a Saturday in August.  It was our best weather yet!  This is my 4th year to work this event.  We even had breezes throughout the morning & were so thankful.
We had over 1000 people registered for the race!
Brook came to see me for a ittle bit.

After cleaning up the race and going home to eat lunch, Brook and I headed out to get a car wash and go to the grocery store.  Right after this car wash, I also vacuumed the car.  When I was walking to the passenger side, I tripped over the curb and that is when I face planted on the concrete.
I fell on my knee and then my face.  My knee was scratched up and my glasses broke.  I hobbled over to Brook in the passenger seat and she saw I was bleeding.  My head was just throbbing.  I took her seat and she drove to urgent care.  They advised I did need stitches, but they don't do them, especially for a woman on her face.

That is when I ended up in the emergency room.  I had 4 shots at my eyebrow for them to give me several stitches.  I also have a decent scratch on my nose and forehead.  I think it was my glasses that caused the gash, which is right at my eyebrow.

After all of this, sweet Brook treated me to frozen yogurt.  She held my hand as the doctor did the stitches.  It was now late afternoon before we got back home and I rested on the couch.  I was so tired after such an early morning.  Brook went out and I was lazy and just pushed off everything on my to-do list.  I have learned to pivot with most plans these days.  I hold them very loosely, which has been a good lesson for me.

She did a great job at camoflouging my scars for Sunday morning and we went to church.  We went to Panera afterwards because we didn't want leftovers and it had been a while since the 2 of us went out to eat together.  We ran into 3 different people I know, so that was fun.  I am feeling much better now and will get stitches out later this week.  I just had my share of Tylenol and ibuprofren this weekend! Here is my favorite salad from Panera, the Strawberry Chicken Salad with fruits & pecans.  It is so good!

I will do a little work this morning and hopefully get a few more things done this week on my to-do list.  

Stay cool this last week of August!  



23 comments:

  1. Oh Marilyn! I had a lot to say but now all I can say is I am so sorry that happened. I am super clumsy so I can see how easy it is for something like that to happen. I am so glad you had Brook with you and that she was so kind.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Brook told me I was too young to be falling and ending up in the ER! I am so thankful too.

      Delete
  2. What a weekend. I'm so glad we had Friday night together to cushion the blow of what would be to come on Saturday. I am so, so sorry that happened to you! I am sure you were exhausted that afternoon and hope you were able to rest some for the rest of the weekend. I'm praying and hoping for a better week for you starting today. Love you, friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks and me too! I'm praying for you all today!

      Delete
  3. Sorry to hear you fell! Sounds like a weekend of both good and bad but hey, isn't that life??

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh gosh, so sorry to read about your fall. If it makes you feel better that could easily happen to me : ) I broke my elbow in a fall over a low curb while we were on vacation two years ago and really scratched my face but didn't need stitches. My glasses broke and went flying which I guess helps. I'm glad the Urgent Care didn't stitch you up! And how fortunate to have your daughter with you and not have to manage all of this on your own. Take care and take it easy this week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh an elbow break sounds painful. I am thankful I had Brook with me too!

      Delete
  5. Your weekend sounds so nice except for the accident. It is amazing how a simple step can upend things so quickly. Thankfully Brook was with you and took care of you. I hope you have a good Monday and that you aren´t too sore/tired from your trip, literally, and your trip to the ER.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly! I know you can relate. Yes, 2 trips this weekend :).

      Delete
  6. What a busy and fun weekend! Well, except for the fall part and the stitches part. So glad your daughter was with you through it all. Take care and feel better quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am so sorry about your accident Marilyn- wishing you speedy healing for sure! Glad you had your daughter taking care of you :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. So sorry for your injuries. I hope you are better as of this reply 😁

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am feeling much better this afternoon, thank you!

      Delete
  9. Oh no! Marilyn I am so sorry to read about your stitches. I'm so glad you daughter was at hand to take care of you. That is my favorite Panera salad too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! Yes, isn't it good! Everytime I have this I feel like I can easily make this at home, but it always taste better if someone else makes it :).

      Delete
  10. Wow, this blog post took a turn! I was getting ready to comment about your yummy pizza and possible trip plans, and then bam...your fall! I'm so glad you are ok and that Brook was with you! This reminds me of when my dog broke my nose and I was so thankful that Grace was home at the time! Take it easy and I hope you will feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my goodness, girl! I’m just now catching up on blog reading and see this! I’m so sorry this happened and I pray you are feeling better by now. I’m thankful your daughter was with you so she could take over the driving and get you to the clinic. Looks like you and Jenn had a fun time! I haven’t had a Crumbl cookie yet, but I want to try them sometime. But I do love that Panera salad! It’s such a great place for a light lunch. Hope your week is going ok so far!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, me too. I am feeling better and get stitches out tomorrow. I had that salad again today!

      Delete
  12. Oh gosh, I'm so sorry! I'm glad you're okay. It looks like you were well taken care of, though. Praying for a speedy recovery for you!

    ReplyDelete

Exploring Vancouver ~ August 20, 2026

  Today's post is about my time exploring Vancouver a little more.  I had a full day in Vancouver and then after a trip to Whistler, I h...