Monday, October 28, 2024

Hello Monday ~ October 28, 2025

 Good morning! I hope y'all had a good weekend.  


Friday, I wore my Amazon outfit with my favorite flats. I bought these leather/cloth shoes in Bogota', Colombia. A quick back story.... I had gone downtown with friends after church one Sunday wearing my black heels.  They were so uncomfotable that I could barely walk in them (the trip downtown was unplanned as I got ready for church that day).  I specifically remember taking off my shoes and buying these on the street from a local vendor.  Two things....I had wanted some original, homemade leather shoes from the country and there are people selling items of any kind imaginable on the streets, usually just spread out on a blanket on the street. I probably paid no more than $10 USD for these shoes.  I have loved them ever since!

I worked from home Friday morning, subbed in the afternoon and then went to the square to help hand out candy at our church booth for this huge event.  It was fun to be with friends and oh, I love seeing kids in Halloween costumes!  They were just precious.

I woke up too early Saturday morning and watched the movie "Holiday Crashers", one of the new Hallmark Christmas movies. Side note, I also watched "Vintage Christmas"  and " Scouting for Christmas" this weekend.  
Later Saturday morning, I drove to watch my great nice play soccer.  As cute as she looked, she had no desire to get on the field and play.
2 of my other great nieces asked to come to Aunt Marilyn's house for the afternoon.  I decided anything else I had planned could wait.  They came home with me and we played, went to the park, painted nails and went to a friend's house.  I drove  3 hours Saturday with all the back and forth, but it was worth it to spend time with them!

After church Sunday, my afternoon and evening plans both were cancelled, so I was free and by myself for the day.  Sundays are often family days and I have realized they are hard for me.  I knew I needed a plan other than just sitting at home by myself all day.  I drove to a state park about 45 minutes away and took a short hike.  It was good to get some exercise and be outside.  I stopped by the grocery store on the way home and was in bed at 7pm.  

Now I am off to work this morning.  What was a highlight of your weekend?
Have a good day!



21 comments:

  1. Your weekend sounds nice- love all the time you spent with your great nieces. It is great that you are pouring into them. Sorry that your plans got cancelled but you redeemed the day which is great. Have a wonderful Monday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I am thankful for the impromptu time with my greats. I am glad I got some exercise Sunday instead of just sitting on the couch. You too!

      Delete
  2. What unique shoes! I love them. I have noticed a lot of young influencers in my area do girls brunches on Sundays. I like your idea of hiking. That is so calm and you are getting exercise. I hope your Sundays become a time you look forward to.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was glad I made myself stay active and have decided I just need to be proactive with my Sundays. The next 2 I have plans and then Brook will be home for the holidays!

      Delete
  3. How nice to be so close to your great nieces that they can spend time with you and you can really know them. I think having a plan for Sunday is a good idea. And getting out of doors always lifts my mood too. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so thankful to be near them during these early years that are so fun. I know the time is limited until they start having so many other things to do.

      Delete
  4. That's so fun that your great nieces came over.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gettting outside is always good for the soul!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such cute shoes and love the time you spent with your grand nieces :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so glad that you redirected your Sunday, and am so sorry that I had to cancel our plans! I half way wondered if you went ahead without me, which I wouldn't have blamed you if you had done. It was the day for going to bed early; I went to bed at eight and was sound asleep before nine! I have already had two gut punches this week, and am hoping that is it for the week. Ugh. Here's to better days, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I hope no more gut punches come. I am glad you have a fun weekend ahead!

      Delete
  8. How fun that you set everything aside to have an afternoon with the great nieces. You're so smart to make a plan to get outside when it will be a tough day. Hope you have a good week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I am trying to be pro-active when something hard comes unexpected.

      Delete
  9. Aw, aren't you the best great aunt ever?!! I bet they are so thrilled you made the time to spend with them. I love your handmade shoes and wow have they held up well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was an easy yes to those little faces! I do claim to be the best great aunt though, ha!

      Delete
  10. What a fun weekend! I loved reading about it. Highlight of my weekend was getting a much-awaited for carpet cleaning. My living room needed it desperately. Feels like a brand new room. Can't wait for my grandkids to come visit now! Thanks for sharing this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh that can make a room feel brand new and so clean for the holidays!

      Delete
  11. Those shoes are beautiful! What an absolute bargain! Your little greats are so cute and y'all are making such great memories! I'm glad you have been keeping busy and doing some fun things! It sure helps on those days that are full of time to think too much. Hope the rest of your week is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete

Hodgepodge ~ September 30, 2026

 Hi blog friends!  How are you?  Thanks to Joyce, I am linking up with Hodgepodge this week. 1. When you think of autumn what sounds come to...