Wednesday, October 30, 2024

What's Up Wednesday/Hodgepodge ~ October 30, 2024

 Where did October go?  I feel like these months get shorter and shorter as we approach the end of the year.!

What I'm eating this month
I had some grilled chicken and topped it with salsa, onions and peppers and shredded cheese.
Steak and broccoli in the air fryer
Dinner out - kale salad with zuchinni noodles & veggies

I made these for breakfast one morning and froze some to warm up later.


What I'm loving
I am loving fall colors on every drive, even to work and everyday errands.  I am also enjoying cooler temperatures, even if October has been a little warmer than usual.  It is still so nice to not be sweltering hot and have cooler mornings and evenings.

What I've been up to
I have been busy with work this month and having an event almost every night.  Nights I have been free, I have enjoyed the down time at home to watch tv. 

What I'm dreading
I may have a few things on this list, but I'm really not trying to dwell on those things right now.

What I'm working on
I am working still on going through a few more areas of my house to clean out some things.  It felt good to have 4 garbage bags picked up this week of clothes and household items to donate.

What I'm excited about
I am excited about celebrating my birthday next month at a party with friends!  

What I'm watching/reading
I am watching lots of Christmas movies on Hallmark and Great American Family.  I am also getting caught up on Only Murders in the Building season 4.  

What I'm listening to
I am listening to podcasts every day and have been throwing back to some of my favorite 80's music band, Duran Duran.  Were you a Duran Duran fan?  I had a huge crush on Simon LeBon back in 8th grade. 

What I'm wearing
I am wearing this new brown nail polish.  I have let my nails been natural the past few months, but decided to try this polish and top coat.  The first time I used it, it stayed 4-5 days without chipping.  The 2nd time, it only stayed a day before some chipping.  It is still a pretty fall color I think.

What I'm doing this weekend
I have a work event and hope to see some fall colors too!

What I'm looking forward to next month
November is my favorite month!  Things I am looking forward to are a girls trip, both girls being home for Thanksgiving, my brother and family coming to town for Thanksgiving and my birthday!


Now I am happy to join in with Joyce with this week's Hodgepodge!
1. What are your current priorities in this season of life? Elaborate as much or as little as you like. 

Oh boy.  So many thoughts here.  My priorities are to get up each day and put one foot in front of the other.  The days I can't, I am okay with just laying on the couch. I have experienced Trauma that no one should go through but too many do.  Life is full of little t traumas and sometimes, we experience the capital T Traumas.  I have experienced betrayal Trauma the past 3 years that I may talk about more another day on this platform.  There is not an area of my life untouched.  I am thankful for the healing that has happened more these last 6 months within me thanks to support of friends, love of my family and promises from Jesus. My priorites are to care for my daughters as best I can, to have a bright future ahead of me, and enjoy each day God gives me.

2. What's one thing you wish you had more of? 

Hugs, sleep, a neck massage, oh, and money.  :)

3. Do you celebrate Halloween? If so, what are your Halloween traditions? Any special plans for Halloween this year?

When the girls were little, I would go trick or treating with them and it was always a favorite night.  I make chili that night and we ate candy!  In the past few years, we have gone to a friend's house and last year stayed home for a porch fire pit and handed out candy.  This year, I am thankful to be doing something different.

4. Last thing you ate that contained chocolate? Last thing you made that called for chocolate? 

I made my pumpkin chocolate chip bread last weekend (see pictures above).  I also eat a built chocolate protein bar daily.

5. Do you prefer laid back weekends or do you like to have a lot of plans? Thinking back to this past weekend... which was it? 

I like a little of both.  I like having plans with friends or family, but I also enjoy a Saturday morning at home to not have to get up and go to work.  My last Saturday was spent with family, but Sunday was spent mostly alone.  I am being pro-active to make plans for future Sundays.

6. Insert your own random thought here. 

Please Yankees, win a game of the World Series.

23 comments:

  1. You are so strong! I admire how you put one foot in front of the other and how you show up for the people in your life. I can't help but believe good things are coming for you. love the nail polish color. Looks like you are cooking for yourself a bit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Amy! I am believing the same thing, even on the hard, lonely days. Yes, fall motivates me to cook a little more! Enjoy your day!

      Delete
  2. I love the nail polish. I'm getting my nails done today and was thinking of something in that shade. I don't usually go dark on my fingers but we have a wedding this weekend and I think it would be nice with my dress. Life comes at us sometimes. I so admire your strength and putting one foot in front of the other is sometimes all we can do. I'm sure you are learning a lot in this hard season and I will pray time eases the pain and hurt, for you and for your girls. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Joyce. Moving forward, even in the smallest of steps some days, is my goal. I love a dark nail polish for the fall/winter. Enjoy being pampered!

      Delete
  3. I really never paint my nails because they always chip so fast! November is my favorite month too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am hoping this polish will last a bit longer than previous trys!

      Delete
  4. You have been eating some delicious looking food.
    I do love this time of year, everything looks so pretty and I like the colder mornings too.
    I am excited about the same thing, it's my birthday next month too. hehehe
    So sorry you have been betrayed, I hope you can heal and have a wonderful future.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Yay for November birthdays and a bright future!

      Delete
  5. Your chicken chili looks very tasty!! I'm so sorry that you have been through big T Trauma. It sounds like you are taking good care of yourself and being proactive about having plans.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I am trying each day. The chili was simple and tasty too!

      Delete
  6. Yes, can't wait to catch up on your trip! Thank you friend and I am so thankful for you as well.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so sorry that you're going through a tough season of life right now. I pray that you are able to continue putting one foot in front of the other until your trauma is in the rearview mirror so you can find peace.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It sounds like work is keeping your busy! My heart was just breaking as I read about little t and big T trauma. Please know you have love and support coming to you from Texas and all over blogworld!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am thankful for your friendship and this community!

      Delete
  9. You are so strong and I appreciate how honest you are in this space. That fingernail polish is pretty! I never paint my nails but I my toenails and am always on the lookout for a pretty shade!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Bless your heart, may you experience complete healing from the trauma you have lived through. That's tough! Blessings abundant to you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am trying to count my blessings each day. Thanks Lea.

      Delete
  11. I love all your food pictures! I have never heard of chilli chicken, but it looks so good and creamy. Thanks for the recipe link. Yum! I hope you have a wonderful birthday month and you continue to heal from the trauma of betrayal. Sending hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I loved Duran Duran (and still do!). John Taylor was my crush though. Your priorities sound like just what you need right now. All of the food looks yummy!

    ReplyDelete

Hodgepodge ~ September 30, 2026

 Hi blog friends!  How are you?  Thanks to Joyce, I am linking up with Hodgepodge this week. 1. When you think of autumn what sounds come to...