Tuesday, January 28, 2025

Hello Monday...and Tuesday

Well hello friends!  I feel like it has been a while.  I have missed you!

Last I wrote last week, I was asking for prayers.  I know I have asked for this a lot over the past year.  There are multiple situations in my life with some major things going on, not just the one, unfortunately.  Please continue to pray for strength, wisdom and justice to be done in these situations for me.  Wednesday-Friday were some of the hardest days of my life.  The road isn't much clearer, but I am taking it one day at a time.  I know it all seems so vague here, but so much of this I need to keep private.  Here I am last Wednesday morning wearing my beautiful butterfly necklace my oldest daughter gave me for Christmas.  The butterfly represents a new life and that is the road I am trying to start.

Thursday night, I was able to focus on serving others.  Jenn and her son came to help me serve dinner at the hospital that I do monthly.

In perfect timing, my best friend flew in town Friday to be with me after a difficult week.  We went to my favorite breakfast place Saturday morning.

We did some cleaning and packing and then went to my favorite yogurt place!

Saturday night, we built a fire outside, enjoyed some wine, snacks, music and laughter.

Sunday, we went to church, lunch with one of my other closest friends and then rested in the afternoon. I worked Monday morning and then we went to my favorite Mexican restaurant.  We stopped by my parents house to say hi and my dad played a song from Phantom on the piano for us. He is so talented and I never tire of hearing him play.  I grew up with a lot of music being played in my home either on the radio, albums or my dad playing the piano or organ.  Yes, we had both in my childhood home!

I took Heidi back to the airport Monday afternoon and then spent some time just catching up at home a little bit.  
I hope you all are doing well!





 

22 comments:

  1. Aw, that sounds like a wonderful weekend with friends and family! That really was perfect timing for her to fly in when you had such a stressful end to your week and needed some fun and love and attention.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry that you're going through such a stressful time but glad that you have family and friends surrounding you with love and support. I didn't know that your dad was so talented musically. That's really neat!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Maria. My dad also use to teach piano lessons in our home. I have always loved music I think because of this.

      Delete
  3. Awww, what blessings in the midst of your struggles right now. What a good friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I was glad to have someone here with me for the weekend.

      Delete
  4. I'm so glad you enjoyed the rest of Heidi's visit! That fire and Saturday night dinner look amazing. Look at your sweet dad! I didn't know he played the piano and/or organ...what a gift that is, and I would love hearing that as well. I've missed you here! I'm still praying for you, my friend. I'm so, so glad Heidi was here this weekend, and I loved meeting her! I almost called you last night, but opted to go to bed instead. Let's talk soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so glad y'all met. Thanks for the prayers and will talk soon!

      Delete
  5. That looked like a perfect weekend! I'm hoping for a better week for you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So sorry for the pain you are going through- it sounds so cliche but this too, shall pass- so wonderful that you have great people to lean on XO

    ReplyDelete
  7. Continued prayers for you, girl. I am SO glad you have such a great support system for these times. Friends are such a blessing in life's tough times. What a treasure to have a dad that can play the piano! I know you enjoy listening to him. That's awesome! Praying for a good week ahead for you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I enjoyed catching up with you. xx oo
    I am praying for you.
    Carla

    ReplyDelete
  9. Keeping you in my prayers, as always. I hope things get better soon. And what a joy it must have been growing up with a dad who plays the piano. That is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I appreciate the prayers and continue to need them. I am so thankful to have such a talented dad!

      Delete

Celebrity Edge

  Hi.  This post is all about the Celebrity Edge, the ship I sailed on to Alaska.  This is the description from the internet: The Celebrity ...