Today I join with Joyce for Hodgepodge. Hope it is a great day for you!
1. What was your after school routine like when you were a kid?
I lived 5 houses from my elementary school, so I often walked to and from school. When I came home, I often remember watching an episode of the Brady Bunch and having an afternoon snack. I am guessing I did any homework, ate dinner and watched tv as a family.
2. January 26 is National Green Juice Day ( I guess it's true everything really does have it's day). Do you juice, as in make your own in an attempt to get healthy? Do you do the green juices? What's your favorite kind of juice (home blended or store bought, either one)?
I don't plan on drinking green juice, or probably any juice. If I do drink juice, I like pineapple, orange, or grape. If I buy some, it would be a low sugar pineapple.
3. What's something trivial about which you have a strong opinion?
I have a strong opinion of people cutting me off in traffic when there is no where to go.
4. What do you need more of in your life? Less of?
I am going to be honest, I erased my first answers.
I need honesty and less paperwork.
5. Give us three adjectives to describe your January.
fun, exhausting, stressful
With the exhaustion and stress, I did have some fun and I still am living with hope for my future, including February!
6. Insert your own random thought here.
I am so thankful for my favorite playlist on Spotify with worship music to encourage me, a job, great friends, my phone, a reliable car, this blog community and my family!

I'll bet it was nice to be so close to your school! I'm glad your month has had some good moments even though it contained stress as well. You have a great list of items to be thankful for! Have a wonderful day!
ReplyDeleteI loved my childhood memories of walking to school. Thanks and you too!
DeleteI get mad when people go from, say, the lefthand lane, all the way to the right to make a turn. Like, didn't you think about where you were headed before you left the house? That one drives me crazy.
ReplyDeleteExactly!
DeleteI am not a fan of green juice either.
ReplyDeleteThat is so rude when people cut you off in traffic.
I hope February is a wonderful month for you!
Thanks Kim! Me too :)
DeleteI honestly can't remember an after school routine as a kid! I have never had the desire to try a green juice; I'd rather eat my veggies than drink them. But I do like most of the juices you mentioned even if I hardly ever drink any juice.
ReplyDeleteI agree with eating vs drinking my veggies!
DeleteWe lived a block away from our high school and I remember walking home for lunch especially during my sophomore year. I would rather eat my veggies than drink them. I've never even liked V-8 juice except to use as a base in my vegetable soup!
ReplyDeleteThat must have been nice to take a break in your school day. I agree about eating our veggies instead!
DeleteWe loved walking to school and walked home for lunch every day too. We had a whole hour somehow. Now it's hard for schools to squeeze in 20 minutes. Times change! We lived about 7 blocks from the elementary school but there was a whole big group and we'd pick up more kids as we got closer. It was a great neighborhood. Hope you have a great day!
ReplyDeleteWow, that's amazing. It sounds like a great childhood. I loved going to school with friends in the same neighborhood.
DeleteI feel you on the traffic thing! When I have to go to bigger cities, it's amazing to me that some people have a driver's license with the way they drive. I hear Memphis is especially notorious for unsafe drivers. But I love that in spite of all that is troubling you, you can still find the good, and it IS good!
ReplyDeleteYes, sadly, we have a lot of people don't even have a license and still drive here. Yes, I am trying to focus on the good whenver I can!
DeleteBrady Bunch - me too! I'm not a big juice drinker either.
ReplyDeleteHa, yes!
DeleteI remember when I was in grade school, walking home for lunch. Stepping into my warm house, mom and campbells tomato soup! It felt so good to reconnect with home that there were many times I would cry because I didn’t want to go back. After a few times of this, Mom thought it was best I eat lunch at school and have my tomato soup in a thermos!
ReplyDeleteHa, I would think it would be hard to go home and then go back to school. Campbell's tomato soup is a good comfort food.
DeleteThat's good that you had some fun this month! I remember watching The Brady Bunch on sick days.
ReplyDeleteHi, I get the cutting you off in traffic. Grrr!
ReplyDeleteI pray February will be less stressful for you.
xx oo
Carla