Thursday, January 30, 2025

Monthly Musings ~ January 2025

 Today's Monthly Musings is winter self-care.  I am linking up with Patty and Holly for this.  

1.  What do you do to stay warm in winter?

I wear my blardigan a lot and will use a cozy blanket on the couch.  It is rare I turn up my heat to 70.

2.  Favorite wintertime activity?

My favorite activity is probably just staying in and watching tv honestly!  Another activity is January is a good time to de-clutter, but I may not say that is a favorite.

3. Any different beauty routines in winter?

I tend to use more lip products to prevent chapping, but most of my beauty routine stays the same.  I use sunscreen year round.

4. Skaing, sledding or skiing?

I honestly don't participate in any of these on any regular basis.  I did enjoy ice skating a few years ago in Bryant Park though!

5. Favorite winter recipes?

I enjoy soups in the winter with chicken tortilla and tomato soup being my favorites.

6. Favorite winter hot beverage?

I like a sugar free hot chocolate or a hot tea.

7.  Best winter memories?

My best memories would be playing in the snow as a child and with my girls when they were little.  

8.  Coldest day that you remember?

Two years ago, we had an extremely cold week in January when the temperatures were below freezing for a week with highs in the teens. That is the most recent memory I have had of consistent cold below freezing.

9.  How are your practicing self care this winter?

I am lifting weights once a week, going to a dance class, got a massage and spent time with friends so far.

10.  Flannel sheets, yes or no?

Before menopause, I would use flannel sheets, but I have not used them this year.  Maybe I will again in the future though because I do like the coziness of them, but don't want to get hot while I sleep.

Hope you all have a good day!  And good news, only 1 more day of January!





17 comments:

  1. I loved your answers! Yes to all the soups and cozy blankets. It's warming up here for the next week, and I'm not sure how I feel about it; I do enjoy cold temps in the winter, and I'll miss them! I hope things are going well for you as you help your friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like to stay inside in the winter. I used to have flannel sheets when I had a queen bed but never replaced them when we got a king!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are great pictures! Ice skating in NYC sounds iconic :). We have our thermostat set to 70 but I'm considering moving it down and seeing I can handle it!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved skating in NYC! I am thankful I didn't break any bones, ha!

      Delete
  4. Oh I love the pic at Bryant Park- what an awesome memory! I am wishing for warmer temps here- ha!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Now I know how much y'all treasure summer with your long winters!

      Delete
  5. I find I use more lip balm and gloss in the winter too. I'm trying to lift weights more regularly too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Both great things to do in winter, and year round!

      Delete
  6. YES to the blardigan...best invention ever! Our coldest snap was in 2021 when it was in the teens for several days. Everyone's pipes burst! Hope you have a good Thursday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Frozen pipes are no fun. That is probably the worse part about winter. Yes, love my blardigan!

      Delete
  7. Oh, this was so much fun! Give me all the cozy! I definitely want to be inside on a gloomy day but if the sun peaks out, I love to bundle up and try and get out and go for a walk. It’s funny a lot of people don’t like winter, but I’m completely fine with it. I guess I just like the Change of all the seasons. I have a cup of hot tea every afternoon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love a hot tea! Yes, cozy things are a favorite, right? Have a good weekend!

      Delete
  8. I've been using chapstick and lotion so much more this Winter! I have them in my car, office, bedroom, kitchen haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I need to re-stock on my chapstick and have them in multiple places as well. Good idea!

      Delete
  9. Oh I love the Bryant Park memory! Thanks for joining us.

    Patty

    ReplyDelete

Celebrity Edge

  Hi.  This post is all about the Celebrity Edge, the ship I sailed on to Alaska.  This is the description from the internet: The Celebrity ...