Friday, March 14, 2025

Friday Favorites ~ March 14, 2025

 Oh, I made it to Friday!  Congratulations to us all!

A few times this week, I made a fire to burn more papers.  I am burning so many old receipts and tax forms! Speaking of taxes, I filed my taxes this week.  That is a favorite! I have enjoyed temperatures comfortable enough to have an outside fire. 

It is hard to see, but there was a beatuiful view of the moon this night. 

I went to see the Memphis Grizzlies play basketball with my friend/co-worker one night.  Every time I go, I always remember how fun this is. 
Memphis' own Ja Morant in action.

Another favorite was seeing my brother who came in town for the weekend to see my parents.  Here I am with my brother, sister and parents.  I am so thankful for this family unit I grew up with.  Did I mention my parents celebrated their 59th wedding anniversary last week?
Three siblings with mom.  Pray for her strength.

I have had some allergy/congestion this week, so a friend brought over some food, drinks and medicine Wednesday.  It was so thoughtful.

My favorite favorite will happen later tonight when my youngest comes home from college for spring break!  I can't go this long again of not seeing my kids.
Today's prayer request is also for her long drive of 9 1/12 hours back home.  

Hope you all have a great weekend!



14 comments:

  1. I actually got up at 3am for the blood moon eclipse. It was cool. I absolutely will pray for your baby to have a safe trip home! Enjoy the time together!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow you and your siblings look a lot alike; you can definitely tell you are related. Wishing your daughter a safe trip home!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that you had that family time last weekend. I loved seeing you last night! Thank you for the food and for the fun short visit. Any time I get to spend with you is always a favorite! I'll be praying for Brook's drive home; I know it's always a little disconcerting when our kids are on the road. I'll be asking for that for Jonah on Sunday! Love you, friend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the pictures with your siblings and parents.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I do love a fire to burn papers, especially when it's nice out.
    How lovely to have some family time and a catch up. Happy anniversary to your parents. Have a great time with your youngest, I hope she has a safe drive!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It has been very relaxing to have some fires lately. Thank you!

      Delete
  6. I will pray for her safe travels. I know you'll be so happy to see her! That is so special that your family was able to get together!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great family picture! How wonderful to see your brothers and have all of you get to spend time together. Congrats to your parents on 59 years- that is something! It is a great idea to use fire to destroy documents. My shredder just bit the dust :(.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a lovely family photo. Happiest of Anniversaries to your sweet parents. I hope your daughter made it home safely. I bet you two are having the best time together. Second semester is tough w/ not as many breaks, that's for sure!

    ReplyDelete

Hodgepodge ~ September 30, 2026

 Hi blog friends!  How are you?  Thanks to Joyce, I am linking up with Hodgepodge this week. 1. When you think of autumn what sounds come to...