2. What's put a spring in your step lately?
In no particular order...
sunshine, seeing my daughter, laughter with Jenn, lifting weights, dancing, phone calls with Heidi, hope of my future, time with friends, hugs from my greats, excitement over an upcoming trip next month
3. When you were a kid, what was the best snack to find in your lunchbox? If you didn't do the lunchbox thing, tell us what was your favorite after school snack.
I probably had a sandwich and ate my share of Twinkies. My mom often wrote us lunchbox notes when I was in elementary school. I could count on one hand the times I purchased lunch in 12 years of school.
4. In what area of your life are you planting seeds ?
I am trying to plant seeds in life by taking care of myself physically and emotionally. I am trying to enjoy this spring weather by taking some walks outside when I can.
5. Why do you live where you do? Would you consider living somewhere else? Why or why not?
I live here because it feels like home. I grew up in this area. My parents and sister and her kids all live within 45 minutes of me. I have a great community of friends here, for which I am so thankful. I would consider moving somewhere else, but I think it would be a while and ideally, I would live close to home. I really just want to live near my daughters and any grandchildren one day.
6. Insert your own random thought here.
I know I just said this in the question above, but I am so thankful for my family and my community here! I have been blessed with such a great group of friends. Through such a rough season of life, friendships have been sweeter than ever.
Thanks for reading and have a great day!

Great answers! I am glad you have so much to look forward to. You have a really full life.
ReplyDeleteThanks! I am trying to remind myself of that every day.
DeleteWe've moved a lot in our married life, so relocating in retirement wasn't as hard as it might be for someone who has lived in one spot for a long time. We had one daughter living nearby when we moved here, but then she got married and moved away so it was just us. But it was fine because we love the area and have made good friends here. Now in a wonderful turn of events the other daughter is here with her family and my younger one moved within a weekend drive so it feels like we're all relatively geographically close finally. It's taken a while to get there! Good luck with the move preparation. It's a lot but it sounds like you're tackling it in pieces which is good. Have a great day!
ReplyDeleteI am thankful for this community, too! I would never have "met" you and so many others without it! I love how you live close to many family members- people you've known your life and have also made so many great friendships.
ReplyDeleteReading what has put a spring in your step did make me smile. Such happiness!
ReplyDeleteIt is so good to live so close to family. I can't imagine living away from them now.
Spring has come in like a lion here, too. We've had an unusually cold and rainy winter. It's not supposed to be like that in Georgia! Haha. I'm happy it is finally a little warmer (and sunny!) this week!
ReplyDeleteHi, we have wind too. It has been a crazy windy spring.
ReplyDeleteI enjoyed reading your where you live ... and why... and your future plans.
We do not live close to family, but after 28 years I have made special friends. God is good, he had a plan, even when I was so upset about leaving my hometown 28 years ago.
Love, Carla
Those are lots of great things putting a spring in your step! We've had crazy high winds this month too.
ReplyDeleteI often think of how grateful I am for the community we have found through blogging! I always brought my lunch too. I don't think "healthy eating" was a thing in the 70's and 80's. It was always sandwich, chips and a treat. Maybe fruit sometimes! We live where we do because of the job, and I moved here because of my job many years ago. As soon as M retires, we will be moving somewhere more scenic and hopefully closer to where the kids end up!
ReplyDelete