Friday, April 11, 2025

Friday Favorites ~ April 11, 2025

 Happy Friday!  I am always so glad to see a Friday come!  Today, I am sharing some things from my week going back to last Sunday.

Does anyone remember the song Voices Carry by the group Til Tuesday from the 80's?  I loved that song and had the cassette tape :).  I heard a version of the song by Kate Hudson Sunday.  I had no idea she even sang, but I loved this version too!
After this song, it went straight into Have Yourself a Merry Christmas.  I mean, it was in the upper 40's and overcast, so it kind of felt like Christmas weather!


Because last Sunday was a hard day, I treated myself to frozen yogurt for my lunch.

Monday morning, I worked for a few hours and then I went to take this precious little new 3 year old out to lunch and shopping for her to pick out a birthday gift.  She picked out several :). I loved looking back at this sweet girl in my car.

Tuesday morning I started my day by picking up 14 dozen donuts to serve at the local children's hospital.  We serve these along with 250 Chick-fil-A chicken biscuits to families.  I picked up a diet coke to share with my co-worker!  That evening, I gave a new friend a ride to run an errand and also had a quick visit with my parents.

Wednesday was another busy day!  I worked and ran lots of errands for work, including a trip to Costco.  I hadn't been there in about 6 months.  I also got a car wash after such a messy week last week. 
Wednesday night, I had a ladies event at church and we had some good appetizers.

Thursday, I worked, walked and Jenn came over to eat and visit.
Today, is another busy work day and I'm hoping to have a good weekend!

Unfortunately, this has been me this week.  I am sure hoping to catch up on sleep this weekend.  Hope you enjoy your Friday and weekend!

Thanks for reading friends!



18 comments:

  1. Aww man - sorry you have had a bad week of sleep. you have done some great things, though with the donations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had no idea Kate Hudson sang either. Looks like you've done lots of great things this week. Hope you have a restful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It has been a good week overall and I rest is on my weekend plans! Enjoy your weekend!

      Delete
  3. Been praying for you! You look so cute in the car with your Coke! That was so sweet to take the donuts and biscuits to the hospital. I loved that song I had no idea Kate Hudson did a cover of it, I will have to check it out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you and thank you! I thought Kate Hudson did a great job. Happy Friday!

      Delete
  4. We woke to a bit of snow this morning so it felt a bit Christmas-y weather wise here too! Frozen yogurt for lunch sounds like a real treat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will often get it for my meal as it is actually filling for me!

      Delete
  5. hehehe! That Christmas song playing did make me chuckle and yum! That frozen yogurt looks so good.
    Aww! It sounds like a fun shopping trip, she really is a cutie.
    Sorry you haven't been sleeping well, I hope you catch up over the weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is my favorite. I hope to get some sleep too. Enjoy your day!

      Delete
  6. I love froyo! I wish I lived closer to a place that has it. However, when I did live close to froyo places I was there *all* the time so maybe it's best that I don't haha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha, yes, I can relate! I live about 5 minutes from my favorite place. Enjoy your weekend!

      Delete
  7. I love the idea of the meal for the families!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Michael and I have both been having sleep issues lately...ahhh, midlife is great! I love the traditions you're building with your great's. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I think so much is age/stage of life. Me too!

      Delete
  9. I do remember Voices Carry. :-)
    I like that song.
    Betty Davis Eyes is another song I like and it gets stuck in my head if I hear it.
    Enjoy your weekend.
    Carla

    ReplyDelete
  10. I didn't know that Kate Hudson sang either! I'll have to check that out! Sending lots of sleep vibes to you this week. It is the worst not being able to sleep.

    ReplyDelete

Hodgepodge ~ September 30, 2026

 Hi blog friends!  How are you?  Thanks to Joyce, I am linking up with Hodgepodge this week. 1. When you think of autumn what sounds come to...