Friday, June 27, 2025

Friday Favorites ~ June 27, 2025

Happy Friday!  I hope your week has been good.  I have been busy and on the road a lot. 
Here is the recap.....


I left home Sunday and spent the night at my niece's with these 4 cuties.  We lined up our Warmies.

I just had the youngest on Monday when the older ones went to cousin camp.  We met my parents and Brook for dinner at Chili's.  Y'all, I had not been to a Chili's in so long, but the food and service was so good.  I had a steak, which I also had not had in a while and it was excellent.

Tuesday, I drove to Chattanooga and met up with my daughter.  We went to a conference that our church denomination had and saw dear friends.  These friends in the picture below are some we served with while living in Bogota', Colombia.
These 2 ladies work for the organization we worked with and I loved seeing them again.
After the evening service, my daughter and I went to a local brewery for a gathering of the youth leaders in that area. 
We left there and went to another brewery that had been reserved for a group of people who work with college ministry.  I was beginning to fade after 2 nights sleeping with a 3 year old and a day of driving.  At 11pm, I rallied and ate dinner #2 with a hamburger slider and piece of pepperoni pizza.  This pineapple vodka seltzer was pretty good too.  We left this place after midnight and went back and crashed at my daughter's place.

The next morning, I was able to take my daughter to breakfast for some one on one time.  It was brief since she had a meeting, but I always love being with her.  She had the paleo breakfast and mine was keto.  I did eat her avocado though!
I said goodbye to her and met up with my other 2 friends again and we posed at the Australia booth with some props. 
I left Chattanooga tired, but with a very full heart.
I drove to a suburb of Lexington, Kentucky and stopped at Buc-ees I had not been to before.  Yes, it looked the same as the others, but I had to stop.  I bought a fountain drink and an energy drink, which I usually just drink on road trips.
As I was approaching my destination, I went on back roads and all the scenery was so pretty. Kentucky really is a beautiful state.
I met up with my dear friend and her family.  I met them when I lived in Bogota.  They still live there, but are stateside for a few weeks this summer.  They were doing a college visit for one of their daughters so I was more than willing to drive to come see them.  I see my friend every 2 years but hadn't seen her husband and kids in 9 years.
We went to Tazikis for dinner and then the next day went to a local coffee/lunch place and I had this excellent cobb salad.
While they went on their tour, I spent some downtime in my hotel room and it was wonderful.  We all went to dinner together and then found frozen yogurt afterwards, which was delicious.
This was a life giving week for me seeing my daughter and so many friends from my time in South America.  It was a lot of driving time alone for me, but I enjoyed that as well as I had lots of podcasts to catch up with during my driving time.  

I look forward to catching up at home this weekend with a few other fun plans.  
I hope yours is good and thanks for reading!

I leave you with this sight from Lexington....a Little Ceaser's pizza and a Waffle House connected in the same building.  God Bless the USA!





 

11 comments:

  1. Kentucky does look beautiful! Thanks for sharing- enjoy the time with your people-looks like a blast :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Crazy bread and waffles! You really don't see that. What a week of connecting with people. I think your car time gave you reflection time, too. You probably thought a lot about your life's trajectory. I hope that is was good for where you are right now. I hope you have plans with a special friend this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have been busy this week! It sounds so rewarding!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's so nice that you got to see your friends!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great week! I love seeing the faces of your dear friends from that time in your life. I'm so glad you got to do this and that you got some sweet time with Isabella as well. Safe travels back home, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That sounds like a wonderful week getting to see your daughter and get caught up with friends and family.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aww! Your greats are just adorable! How lovely to spend time with them and your daughter too! You have had such a great week and how special to see so many friends. Fab photos!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That was a lot of travel (and fun!) for your week! So glad you got to see your daughter too! Kentucky really is beautiful, and I never would have known that if now for our ladies' trip! G is headed to KY this weekend for fun with a bunch of other students. We recently rediscovered Chili's, thanks to recommendations from our kids! It is really good, and they have a lot of deals that can make your meal budget friendly. Hope you have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, you've been busy, girl! How awesome to be able to see your daughter and some old friends! I know it did you heart so good.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love that you had so much friends and family time!! I haven't been to Chili's in ages either, but that meal makes me want to go! It looks delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  11. My daughter would just die of happiness if she saw the. Little Caesars and Waffle House together- her two favorites and we always make fun of her for it hahaha! 'Merica, indeed!

    ReplyDelete

Hodgepodge ~ September 30, 2026

 Hi blog friends!  How are you?  Thanks to Joyce, I am linking up with Hodgepodge this week. 1. When you think of autumn what sounds come to...