Wednesday, September 3, 2025

Currently Hodgepodging ~ September 3, 2025

 Happy Wednesday.  Today I am joining in with my favorite weekly Hodgepodge post and monthly Currently post. 

1. Next Sunday is Grandparent's Day. Share a favorite memory, photo, recipe, or something you learned from a grandparent. 
Oh, I adored my grandparents!  I just said last week the best man I ever knew was my grandfather, who I lovingly called Pop.  He passed away when I was a sophomore in college.  
Here is my sweet grandmother, who lived 19 years later without Pop by her side. She was an amazing woman as well.  
My other grandfather passed away when I was just a year and a half, so I don't have any memories of him unfortunately, but love hearing stories about him.  His wife, my grandmother, was also an amazing woman.  I don't have a picture here to show of her.  She passed away a few months after I got married so she never knew my kids.  
I am so thankful for the Christian legacy my grandparents left me by setting an example of loving Jesus and their families well.
Here are my parents as grandparents to my girls. Obviously, this picture was from quite a while ago!
And it has been so fun to see my parents become great grandparents!
This is also a picture from years past, but these are my in-laws, with my girls.  I am thankful my girls are blessed with knowing all of their grandparents.

2. What's a quote from a book (besides The Bible) that has stayed with you? 

These are not from a book, but two quotes that I say often are "Behavior is a language" and "Put on your own oxygen mask first".

3. What's your number one food pet peeve? 

Using raisins instead of chocolate chips in cookies?

Adding nuts in brownies?

4. What's one thing about you that is still the same as it was when you were young? 

I have always loved concerts and music!  Elvis was my first concert at age 5!  That was followed by the Osmonds & Shawn Cassidy.  Then I got into my teenage concert era in the 80's.  We always had music playing in my house. My girls now are familiar with a lot of older music! 

Posing with "Elvis" at a wax museum above and Graceland below.
I have seen Huey Lewis and the News more than any other performer, probably 10 times at least.
The 3 of us have been to see Harry Styles twice and he puts on a great show!

5. September is National Preparedness Month...does your family have an emergency plan? Do you have some sort of preparedness kit you keep on hand? If so, tell us one thing that's kept there. 
I have a an emergency fire blanket and a few fire extinguishers in my home.  The fire blanket is something I added in the last few years.

6. Insert your own random thought here. 

My random thoughts lead into my Currently post.....
Here are the the things I am currently loving, beginning, ending, picking, and posting.

Loving
I am loving the cooler weather.  Even when it is still a little warm in the afternoons, the mornings and evenings are wonderful.  Now I just need to get outside more!

Beginning
I hope some work is beginning in the next few weeks to complete some punch list items that need to be done at my house.  

Ending
I am ending my summer with Brook.  She leaves tomorrow to return to her university.  This momma is sure going to miss a daily hug & seeing someone in my home. 

Picking
My first thought when reading this prompt is picking my battles.  I try to do this and the other thing I am picking is me!  I am picking me and trying to take care of myself.  Pick you my friends!  It will help you be a better person to those around you I believe.  

Posting
I try to do a monthly social media post on highlights from my month in pictures.  I sometimes will re-post something else or share an event/birthday online.  I am active on social media, but don't post every day.  I aim to blog 3 times a week, but as life goes, sometimes it is more or sometimes less. 

That's it for today!  Thanks for reading and enjoy your day!

19 comments:

  1. Great throwback pictures! Your family is beautiful on the outside and beautiful where it counts the most- on the inside :). I love how you've been to so many concerts! Agree about the raisins in cookies instead of chocolate chips but man, I love, a nut or many in brownies! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks friend! Yes, I like just a pure brownie, but so thankful we have options :).

      Delete
  2. So many good things! Thanks for the reminder of Currently this month. Yikes! I need to be better at this. I like how you lead into Currently with the random thought from Joyce each month. I love that pic of your girls with the Elvis statue, and that Brookie is blowing a kiss at him! Like mom, like daughter. Your girls are amazing and have all the best parts of you in them! I like your quotes a lot. Those both resonate with me right now! I hope you have a great day, my friend. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha, yes! Thank you friend. I hope they get the good parts and not my bad traits.

      Delete
  3. The throwback pics are amazing! Love how much you love music and Elvis- we have that in common :) I also like "pick your battles" AMEN!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved your food comments. Who would put a raisin in a choc chip cookie? Also, I hate nuts! You can be sure I will not touch a dessert if it has a nut.
    Great old photos of grandparents. So sweet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly!! I still think about that chocolate chip cookie in Louisville.

      Delete
  5. My girls know a lot of old music too. When my oldest was in college she went home to Michigan with a roommate for Thanksgiving. Her dad played Boz Scaggs and couldn't believe my daughter knew all the words. I like raisins on oatmeal, not in a chocolate chip cookie! You have sweet memories of your grandparents. I am very aware of what kind of messages and legacy I want to give and leave my grandchildren. And what a blessing to know a great grandparent! My mom and my mother-in-law are both still living and the great grands bring them so much joy. Have a nice day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It sounds like you do a great job loving on your grandchildren and they will remember this forever! You too!

      Delete
  6. I rarely post on Facebook besides about my kids!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think adding raisins to cookies should be against the law. Sheesh! Lol!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aww! What lovely photos of your grandparents. They sound like wonderful people.
    Using raisins instead of chocolate chip cookies is just wrong and I am not a fan of nuts in brownies either.
    Wow at all of the concerts you have been to! How amazing to see Elvis and Harry Styles, he is a favourite of mine and my girls.
    I am loving the cooler weather too. It feels like Autumn here now. I hope Brook has a good return to university.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I loved hearing about all the grandparents and how much you love music!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I loved reading your reflections on your grandparents…you can feel the deep love and gratitude you have for them in your words. What a beautiful legacy of faith and family they left for you, and how special that your girls have had the blessing of knowing their grandparents too.
    I had to smile at your food pet peeves…raisins in cookies should definitely never replace chocolate chips, ha! I also love that music has always been such a big part of your life, and how sweet that your girls know so much of the older music too.
    Your “Currently” list was wonderful…especially the reminder to “pick you.” Such an important truth for us all to carry. Wishing you a smooth transition as Brook heads back to school…praying for your mama heart!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Aw, I love all of the throwback pictures! I loved reading about your grandparents. They all sound awesome. And YES to those fire blankets! We have one here, but I'd like to get a second one for our home and one for each car, too!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a wonderful photo of great grandparents with your twins! Smiled at your quotes. I'm pondering the 'behavior' quote. Music is a wonderful thing in life and you've made a lot of memories with the concerts you've attended. Happy September to you and thanks for visiting my Hodgepodge.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wax Elvis is amazing! I actually did a double take at the photo! I enjoyed all of your photos.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ha! That is one of my food pet peeves too; I am so upset when I'm tricked by those raisins not being chocolate chips! Yess!! Definitely pick your battle and pick YOU as a priority. I bet you will be so sad to see Brook leave, I know how much you have loved having her home this summer. Do you have some fun plans to keep you going/combat those empty nest blues?

    ReplyDelete

Hodgepodge ~ September 30, 2026

 Hi blog friends!  How are you?  Thanks to Joyce, I am linking up with Hodgepodge this week. 1. When you think of autumn what sounds come to...