Happy Friday and 1st week of September! I am always happy to look back at the week and find some favorites!
I went back to work Tuesday and met up with Jenn for dinner at Salad Station. It had been a week or two so we were both missing our salad and visit there.
Wednesday, Brook made a key lime pie and it was delicious!
I decided last minute to join Jenn and Kendra later Wednesday night for some live music and a drink. It was fun and I was glad to get out for a bit.
Look what Jenn gave me! I haven't started reading it yet, but I have flipped through it & was excited to receive this.
Because I am known to eat my snacks at work in the morning as opposed to afternoon, my co-worker printed this out and put it by my desk. We all got a good laugh from this!
Seeing a butterfly at the mailbox
I ordered some new nail polish. Have you tried this brand? It stays on a few days for me without chipping, which is rare these days in my experience.
My sweet Brook had a long drive back to her university. It was time to return and I know I will be okay. But I will admit, it has taken me a little bit of time to get out of my car. I will sure miss seeing her. Yes, that is an Elvis cardboard statue in the garage.
My favorite, of favorites, getting Disney hugs from daughter. This is what we call it and that means she has to let go first.
Have a good weekend!


Such a lovely start to September! The key lime pie looks delicious. I’ve never tried one, but I do love lemon tarts and anything citrusy. And those Disney hugs with your daughter are just the sweetest.
ReplyDeleteThe best! Have a good weekend Ruth!
DeleteWhat a great pic of you and Brook... and of the Elvis cut out... and of you and Jenn. I can imagine it was hard to say good-bye to Brook. This is her last year, right? That meme of accidentally eating your lunch at 9:00 am. That was ME when I subbed before I started IF (basically not eating breakfast...) if the teacher I subbed for had his or her plan period at 9:00 or 10:00- I ALWAYS ate my lunch during plan!! Have a great weekend!
ReplyDeleteThanks! Yes, she is a senior this year. Ha, I love that. You too!
DeleteBeautiful pic of you and your daughter~! Always love seeing you and Jen hang and loving those nail colors for fall too!
ReplyDeleteThank you dear!
DeleteI loved seeing you three nights in a row this week, with tonight being the fourth! I'm excited about our night. I love those nail polish colors! Your reaction to that book was EVERYTHING. I love you so much! I know you'll have to adjust to being alone again with Brook gone; we'll have to be mindful about you being out of your house more. I loved that you dropped by here last night when it was a "busy" night at my house!
ReplyDeleteThat's right! Ha, I was excited! I loved being there.
DeleteAwww, your new normal without Brook there. I hope it's getting easier. Is that polish the Londontown polish? It's literally the best if I weren't doing press ons.
ReplyDeleteGlad you got out for a bit with Jenn and Kendra.
Yes, it is Londontown!
DeleteLooks like a sweet week!
ReplyDeleteI was thankful for the sweet times!
DeleteOh I bet that memoir is going to be great! It looks like you had a fabulous week.
ReplyDeleteI'm excited for it!
DeleteAwww I love that about the Disney hugs. I'm glad y'all had the summer together!
ReplyDeleteI saw the same kind of butterfly in my backyard this week! So beautiful! Hate you had to say goodbye to Brook, but I know you will see her again before you know it! Jenn certainly picked out the best book for you! I know you will enjoy it. And I can so relate to the snack eating in the morning...I did it, too, when I worked! Haha!
ReplyDeleteThat is good you and Jen could find time to meet up for dinner. You always look so happy together.
ReplyDeleteYum to the key lime pie!
hehehe! That meme your co-worker printed out did make me chuckle.
I hope Brook has a good year at university.
Sounds like a great week! That picture of you and Brook is precious.
ReplyDelete