Monday, January 26, 2026

Hello Monday ~ January 26, 2026

Good morning!  No surprise, the topic today is snow as it has affected so much of the country this past weekend.  Here is a glimpse of my snowed in weekend in the south!


Friday after work, I had lunch with a friend then went to my parents house to bring them food and make sure they were okay to be inside the next few days.  I also stopped by my niece's house to see her girls and hung out with another friend that night before coming home.  I knew it would be several days before I would see humans again! Life is funny. The weekend prior, I was saying I would do something this weekend.  Well then the snow came.  Just another reminder life is out my control and a bummer to have another weekend alone.  However, I had time to mentally prepare, so I am doing pretty well so far.  By this afternoon or tomorrow, I may need to get out and see someone though!

I started strong Saturday by organizing my makeup, washing makeup brushes and going through my pantry and kitchen cabinets.  I didn't have too much to go through there since I just moved 2 months ago, but it was still a good time to see what I brought to this house.
I made breakfast....scrambled eggs with crumbled turkey and cheese added, along with sourdough and strawberries. 
Snow and some sleet fell throughout the day. I stayed inside.
For lunch, I had leftovers from Friday's lunch which was a crusted pork loin with mashed sweet potatoes and salad.
I watched tv and had a few sips of this drink. I also talked to Jenn multiple times during the day! I never opened my computer the whole day and it was nice to have a break from it.
I also made some brownies.  It was from an old mix and honestly weren't that great.  It took me eating 2 to decide that :).
I basically spent the rest of the afternoon and well, until close to midnight finishing this puzzle.  This is for you Amy!

Sunday morning felt nothing like a Sunday, but we got more snow overnight and through midday Sunday. Day 2....I can do this. Since I spent the most part of yesterday afternoon sitting working on the puzzle, I started my day with a quick walk on the treadmill.  
For breakfast, I made bacon and had sourdough with it.
Lunch was a frozen pizza.  This is my favorite brand of frozen pizza. They also sell a plain cheese version and a veggie pizza.  I have only seen the veggie version at Costco, but it is sold in a 2 pack and then I usually add pepperoni to it at home. I bought this pepperoni version from Kroger.
I folded clothes, went through a closet, did some computer stuff and then did a little travel planning for a spring trip. Another quiet day and night.

How are you holding up in this cold weather?  I am thankful to have not lost power, for little projects and plenty of food. 

Thanks for reading and stay warm on this Monday! Is it Monday??? Ha!



20 comments:

  1. We only power for an hour or so yesterday afternoon (so far anyway, we're getting more snow until 8 pm today so we'll see if the power holds today!). We did get lots and lots of snow though. I can't even see the fire pit in the backyard anymore. I too finished a puzzle (and snapped a photo to share while thinking of Amy!).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't imagine how much snow y'all must be getting! I hope the power does stay on for you. That is when it really gets rough.

      Delete
  2. How much snow did you guys end up getting? I can see how cabin fever could be a thing. I ran some errands on Saturday before the snow came. I figured that at a minimum Sunday and Monday would be at home days so it was good to get out. How nice that you met with friends and family on Friday. That was smart! Have a great Monday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 3-4 inches, I think. I haven't been outside yet :).

      Delete
  3. Glad you are staying busy and warm! I hate winter but you are doing it right for sure. How is it today? Are you still staying in? How many days until spring? ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I may stay in today, depending on the roads. I still have some things to keep me busy!

      Delete
  4. I think you have made the best of it! I should go through my makeup. Your brownies do look good - sorry they weren't! I really like your puzzle! He he. I hope you get out soon. I will be having cabin fever by end of today I am sure. I'm glad you were so social before this came.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a feeling stores and restaurants will be so crowded this weekend!

      Delete
  5. It's still negative degrees here! Stay warm!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so glad you had a full Friday! I loved all of our talks on Saturday; I'm thinking you need to come over this afternoon. Jonah can pick you up and bring you here...I kind of thought about playing cards together! I'll talk to you soon, friend. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It sounds like you had a productive weekend and stayed cosy. That is a shame about the brownies but well done with the puzzle. Hang on in there and stay safe.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It sounds like you made the best out of the weekend at home. I also cleaned out pantry, fridge, etc. I hope the snow melts soon and you get to see some other people soon! Stay warm, friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! Thankful I have a few things to keep me busy during the day.

      Delete
  9. Sounds like you made the most of a stuck-inside weekend. I was going stir crazy by Sunday. Thankfully today it is above freezing, so I got out and bought lunch. The sun finally came out and the day felt slightly normal for a bit. I hope it's over soon!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I hope you got out today! We had a lot of ice and lost power sometime during the night overnight, then it was out all day but finally came back on about 6 PM. So nice to have heat. My driveway was an absolute skating rink so no one was going anywhere. It melted for the most part so hopefully tomorrow getting out won't be a problem. Tackling my makeup drawer and vanity in general is on my list to get done. I'm slowly ticking away at all the smallish organization projects I've been saying I would get to and haven't : )

    ReplyDelete
  11. I can’t imagine what it must be like to get so much snow! For me, it sounds like fun, but I’m sure it’s not much fun year after year. Your weekend sounds very cosy, with lots of yummy food, puzzle time, and chats with lovely Jenn. I hope you’re able to go out soon and get together with friends.

    ReplyDelete
  12. So much snow for everybody. We were away when it hit here and we got delayed coming home (not the worst thing..we were in Hawaii) but I was really ready to come home. It's too snowy for me right now though..and lots of ice which makes it hard to walk or drive. It sounded like a cozy weekend but I bet you were getting a little stir crazy. That puzzle is so cute!

    ReplyDelete

Exploring Vancouver ~ August 20, 2026

  Today's post is about my time exploring Vancouver a little more.  I had a full day in Vancouver and then after a trip to Whistler, I h...