Happy Hodgepodge day!
2. Avocados, kale, cauliflower and cottage cheese have all had their time to shine. 2026 brings us the year of the cabbage. Is this a vegetable you like? If so, what are some of your favorite dishes that call for cabbage?
I will eat avocados, kale, cauliflower pizza crust and cottage cheese mixed in things, but no thank you to the cabbage. I guess I will be living in the past enjoying these other food trends!
3. Was a Cabbage Patch Doll a part of your childhood? Or maybe your children's childhood? What's a toy trend from your childhood you remember wanting for your own?
I think I had one, but it wasn't a huge part of my childhood. I did go to the Cabbage Patch Babyland in Cleveland, Georgia with my nieces when they were little. I had one baby doll I loved as child because her legs would bend and I could hold her on my hip! I think she is still in my parents attic somewhere. Besides Osmonds albums and other music (which I have always loved), I remember really wanting a Merlin. Do you remember these? It was a great birthday when I had my own.
Working puzzles, preparing food and watching tv!
5. Somehow it's the last week of January...sum up your month in just three sentences.
It has been a long month...Christmas seems a long time ago. It has been a cold, lonely month. I am finally feeling better from my 6 week upper respiratory infection though!
6. Insert your own random thought here.

Ha I love the appetizer meme : ) I'm glad you're coping with being cooped up and hope you are able to get out of the house soon. It's still bitterly cold here but the ice mostly melted on Monday so we can drive. I might have to take my granddaughters to the Cabbage Patch Babyland. It's just over an hour from here and I think their mothers would probably enjoy seeing it too. Stay warm!
ReplyDeleteYes, I am still mostly sane, ha! That could be a fun day trip. You too!
DeleteMarilyn, this month has definitely put you to the test on being by yourself. I crave that alone time, until I've had too much and then I don't want to be alone anymore. I know that's hard. But spring is coming! Don't lose heart :)
ReplyDeleteYes, so many tests, but I am hanging in there. Thanks Debbie!
DeleteOur daughter posted your first meme on social media last night. I laughed so hard because it is so true! I'm so sorry you are snowed/iced in alone. It sounds like you are doing really well!! Hang in there!!
ReplyDeleteI thought it was funny too! Thanks Lisa.
DeleteThose memes are funny! You've done so well! I hope you can get out soon. That was a cold that lingered, lingered, lingered. I'm so glad you are back to normal.
ReplyDeleteThanks friend! Yes, it lingered more than it was welcomed, ha!
DeleteI think you learn something about yourself when you do hard things and come out of it stronger (at least that's what I told myself after my Achilles injury/recovery, etc.). It sounds like you're doing pretty well- you are loved by so many. The weather can only get better, right? I have never heard of a Merlin but I can see how it would be a really neat present!
ReplyDeleteSo true. Thank you friend!
DeleteI have been watching the news about the weather in the US and it looks so bad. I am glad you are managing OK.
ReplyDeleteI had to Google what a Merlin was. I thought I knew of most toys but not this one. How interesting.
hahaha! I feel the same about feeling unstoppable in warmer weather but not too hot as I don't do well in that either. My family call anything like appetizers thinking food. lol They really are just that. lol
Thanks Kim. I love the term thinking food!
DeleteOh that appetizer meme is a good one! I had never heard of Merlin before but I was definitely a kid during the Cabbage Patch craze. I remember it well and my mom surprised the heck out of my sister and I the first Easter that we each got one!
ReplyDeleteWhat a fun memory!
DeleteThe appetizer meme is too funny and I'd love to eat just the appetizers for a meal. What did you think of Babyland General? My sister and mom took my niece recently. I've never heard of a Merlin, but I'll check it out. I hope you can get out soon!
ReplyDeleteThose memes made me laugh! January is almost over, my friend. You survived! February is hopeful for me, because it's a short month. And I'm also hopeful because of N moving home, or the prospect of that. I know it'll happen, I just don't know when. I'm anxious to talk to him today! I've never heard of a Merlin. I hope that we can still be besties. 🤣 I'm excited at the thought of us seeing each other today!
ReplyDeleteI always thought it would be fun to go to the Cabbage Patch land!
ReplyDeleteThat last meme is genius- ha!! You are doing it friend- facing your fears even though you were forced into this isolation. Proud of you. You are rocking life! Wishing you a weekend full of time spent with your people and lots of fun/back to normalcy!
ReplyDeleteOMG - the Merlin! I had one and absolutely loved it. What a memory! I have seen the cold/warm weather meme and laughed so hard. So true - right now I'm complaining about the cold, but in a few months I'll be complaining about the heat. Hope you get out of your house soon!
ReplyDeleteI do remember Merlin! I'm glad you are starting to feel better!
ReplyDeleteI love your two random thoughts haha. I agree with both!
ReplyDeleteYes...I remember a merlin. I didn't have one. I'm glad you're feeling better. Loved those quotes too.
ReplyDelete