Wednesday, February 4, 2026

Currently Hodgepodging ~ February 4, 2026

The temperatures are above freezing finally!  What a great way to celebrate by participating in Hodgepodge and Currently with our 2 great hosts, Joyce and Amy!


From this Side of the Pond

1. The Winter Olympics kick off on Friday, February 6th...on a scale of 1-10 how excited are you? (1= eh and 10=watching every event all day every day). What's your favorite Winter Olympic sporting event? 

I love watching the opening ceremonies to the Olympics and seeing all the countries represented.  I know they are all competing, yet it seems like such a time of the world coming together too.

I enjoy watching the ski jumping because I am in awe of how people really do this.  Ice skating is also fun to watch!

2. In other sporting news, the Superbowl (American football's championship game) will be played on Sunday, February 8th. So tell us...what's your superpower?

Oh, I wish I could time travel (in the words of Huey Lewis, back in time), but I don't have that superpower.

3. Are you a romantic? 

Unfortunately, yes.  Although, because it has been about 5 years since anything romantic has happened towards me, I would say I am less and less of one.  I just want someone to be kind at this point, much less romantic.  

4. Blue cheese-yay or nay? How about feta? If you said yes to one or both, what's a dish you like that calls for one of these? 

Blue cheese, not so much.  I do like feta cheese on a salad!  One of my favorites is spinach leaves, pecans, strawberry halves and feta cheese.  Adding grilled chicken to this is great too!

5. What's more important-doing what you love or loving what you do? 

I think there has to be a balance.  Doing what you love gives you energy, but it can change and doesn't always pays the bills in regard to a job.  Loving what you do means gratitude for what is before you.  

6. Insert your own random thought here. 

Tomorrow is my firstborn's 25th birthday!!  I love this girl so much and look forward to seeing her.


Loving
I am currently loving that it isn't January, ha!  I thought it was going to be okay, but mercy, I could have done without January 2026 for many reasons.  No thank you.  Here's to February being better.  Bye winter decor!

Baking/Cooking

Due to the cold weather and being at home so much, I have done some cooking lately:
Pork, veggies and sweet potato fries
Sourdough bread
Scrambled eggs with crumbled turkey sausage & cheese was for breakfast several days last week.
Chili

Watching/Reading

I finished these first 3 shows during the snow week and am in progress watching the other one.

Planning

I have been planning a few trips.  I have a blog trip, a trip to watch my daughter graduate, and an epic end of the summer trip that has been in the works for over a year!

Savoring

I have been savoring any night where I sleep all the way through more than 6 hours.  It rarely happens, so when it does, I am so thankful,

Hope you have a great Wednesday and thanks for reading!





 

14 comments:

  1. I giggled at your memes and I can relate. That last one- I think I've said that exactly thing to someone who asked me how I slept. Your bread looks really good! I love the exact kind of salad you mentioned- I keep dried cranberries and nuts on hand for just that kind of salad (I don't always have fresh strawberries- if I have those, then I use strawberries in the salad). Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Always fun to have trips on the calendar! We like the show High Potential here too. She's so cute. Happy birthday to your daughter! My youngest granddaughter turns 2 this weekend and we're looking forward to celebrating her too. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I laughed over those memes! The one about overreacting versus having a normal reaction to something got me. Happy traveling day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like you have some wonderful trips on tap- yeah- so exciting! Can't wait to follow along. Great job cooking while being snowed in- I find cooking to be therapeutic :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay for the better temperatures!
    It is nice to see everyone coming together in the opening ceremony of the Winter Olympics.
    That salad looks so good!
    Happy birthday to your girl! I hope she has a wonderful day!
    I hope February is a better month for you and you get some decent sleep soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like High Potential! Your food looks good!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your answer on the cheese question were exactly my thoughts! Have a wonderful day with your daughter!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I got to watch the ski jumpers practicing one summer at Lake Placid (they land on a bed of what looked like plastic drink straws) and it was so neat. Also that ski jump platform is SO much higher when you're standing at the base of it looking up. I don't think I could do that! How exciting that your daughter is graduating this year. That will be such a fun trip filled with lots of happy tears, I'm sure.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello dear Marilyn! We're getting excited for the Olympics too! I love watching the figure skating and the snowboarding. :) Happy bday to your beautiful daughter!! Your food pics look so yummy!! I pray for your open heart never to give up on the hopes of romance and what I believe you will find again one day. 😉 Love Emily in Paris and When Calls the Heart - 2 of my faves. Blessings. xo

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, I hear you on the sleeping -- or lack thereof. Ugh -- it sucks. I realized I felt really happy today and then realized I had a solid sleep last night. Here's wishing you more sleep. Also, I can't wait to hear about your end of summer trip -- it sounds like a good one!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your spinach salad looks yummy, and I love your winter decor.

    ReplyDelete
  12. HBD to Isabella today now! You did lots of cooking! I haven't watched Sullivan's Crossing yet. When Calls the Heart was so sweet. I probably didn't totally finish it.
    Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy Birthday to Isabella! I'm glad you got to see her. I'm looking forward to the Olympics and enjoy Feta cheese too.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy birthday wishes to your girlie! Hope you had a great time celebrating her:)

    ReplyDelete

Hodgepodge ~ September 30, 2026

 Hi blog friends!  How are you?  Thanks to Joyce, I am linking up with Hodgepodge this week. 1. When you think of autumn what sounds come to...