Wednesday, March 4, 2026

Hodgepodging Currently ~ March 4, 2026

 Hi guys!  We had an icestorm in January and then February was a slow month for me, but this week has been busy so I haven't been on the blog as much.  I will get caught up soon though, here in the blogland and at home hopefully.  I am happy to join in with Hodgepodge and Currently today with my sweet friends, Joyce and Amy.

1.  As the saying goes, 'March comes in like a lion and goes out like a lamb.' Did your March come in roaring or like some other animal? Every month carries with it certain feelings, which is why some people love and anticipate December and others dread it. How do you feel about the month of March? 
March has come roaring in like a lion in the way that is has been busy.  I always look forward to March because usually a little taste of Spring comes (although we have had some historic big snows in March).  It is also good to know I have survived January and February!

2. Where in your life are you a lion? Where are you a lamb? 
I am like a lion by being a strong, independent woman who lives alone & doesn't have a male protector. 
I am like a lamb, hopefully, to my friends & family by being gentle, dependent and calm.

3. The Hodgepodge lands on National Pound Cake day. Do you like pound cake? If so do you have a favorite flavor? Let's play this or that-

pound cake or layer cake?
If my dear friend makes it, I vote pound cake.
pound cake or cheesecake?
cheesecake
pound cake or angel food cake?
pound cake
pound cake or brownie?
brownie
pound cake or pie?
pie...well, if it is lemon or key lime!

4. What makes you feel childlike wonder right now? 
The first thing that came to mind is the idea of getting my own apartment.  I am excited to have more of a permanent place soon. 

5. What's one thing you need to add to your wardrobe to get ready for spring? If you're in the southern hemisphere, then answer for fall? 
I would like to have a few new shirts.  I may look on Shein.  I have only placed one order with them, but it went well!

6. Insert your own random thought here. 
Today is my parents 60th wedding anniversary! Last night, my sister, brother-in-law and I had dinner with them to celebrate.  My brother lives out of town, so we missed him and my sister-in-law.

Now on to Currently!

Saving your life right now

Truthfully, the humor of reels and comedians!  I watch reels and my friends and I send reels every day about the stresses of work, relationships and other things that helps us laugh about our lives.  Watching comedians/comedy keeps me laughing and I need laughter in my life!

Cleaning/purging

As most of you know, I moved last fall, so I purged a lot then.  I am living in a rental home now, but I will purge some more things before I move to an apartment this spring/summer.  I am purging kitchen items, clothes and other household items or old memorabilia. I am hosting a wedding shower this weekend, so I do have a lot of basic cleaning to do!

Loving

I am loving my friendship with my work friend.  She is the same age as my daughter, like born on the same day!  She calls me her bonus mom.  Yesterday after work, I went by her house to join in on her family's celebration of Purim.  It has been so interesting to learn about her Jewish traditions.


Planning (trip wise)

I have 4 trips to take this year, so far. I took one trip back in February. I am working on details for all of these upcoming trips.

Next, I have a blog trip...YAY!

Then I have a work trip, which is my once a year travel for work event.  I drive, so I don't have to fly anywhere.

I will travel at the end of spring to see my newborn baby daughter graduate from college!

At the end of the summer, I have a bucket list trip with my daughters for an Alaskan Cruise!  I am also doing a bonus trip by myself during the same time frame.

Taking a break from

Honestly, I have taken some breaks from blogging.  Don't get me wrong, I love this community and this outlet.  I have made some dear friends through blogging and I definitely consider you to be real friends and not just an online random person.  I am so incredibly thankful to have met such delightful people here!

Sometimes, life just isn't exciting in my little world of living alone.  I spent the last 2 weeks going to work and coming home at night and no weekend plans.  So not to sound depressing, but as they say, there just wasn't much "to write home about". Then the complete opposite happened this week, I have something every night and after being out of my house for over 12 hours, I am just too tired to do anything honestly other than crawl in bed. And okay, watch some funny reels.  

I hope you are enjoying your week and I may be back Friday....or not :). Thanks for reading!


19 comments:

  1. Aww, I missed you in blogland but I do understand what you're saying; I hope you get to a point where you have lots to say and plenty of time in which to say (er, write it!). Congrats to your parents- that is an amazing accomplishment. How awesome that you are a bonus mom! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Maria! I am thankful for my parents staying married all these years. You too!

      Delete
  2. I missed you. I sometimes feel in this season I have less to write about and I think taking breaks as you need them is fine. I've never been an everyday blogger but I do like to get here 2-3 times a week. Sometimes it just doesn't happen. Happy Anniversary to your parents! That's wonderful! I'm looking forward to your blog trip : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Joyce. I am going to try to do a little better with my blogging now that spring is coming! Thanks and I am looking forward to that trip as well!

      Delete
  3. I definitely enjoy watching comedians too; in fact Ben sent me a few to watch while I was in North Carolina. That is so sweet that your parents celebrated their 60th anniversary! Wow!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Such an accomplishment! You will have to let me know who some of your favorite comedians are.

      Delete
  4. I hope you busy things are good things and March is a good month for you. How exciting to be getting your own apartment.
    Happy anniversary to your parents! Lovely photos!
    With everything going on in the world we all need a bit of comedy in our lives.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved all of your answers! You looked so cute yesterday in the picture with Pesi. I almost busted a dress and sandals out this week, but it's a little cool in the mornings still, so I didn't. That might change today, though...I'll have to look at the weather. I'm thinking of the car line, honestly. Happy anniversary to your mom and dad!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats to your parents and how sweet that you and sis got to go out. I love that you are celebrating Purim with Skinny Girl! Haha - your work friend looks so sweet and she put on quite a spread. Age really doesn't matter. I had lunch with my 20 years younger friend yesterday.
    I'm so glad your calendar is full again! And, you will have more daylight. I think Marilyn just hibernated for a bit and now she is out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha, ha! I sure hope so! Hibernation didn't serve me so well, physically or mentally!

      Delete
  7. Happy Anniversary to your parents- what a wonderful milestone! So happy for you that March is getting busy and getting you out of the house-enjoy it all! Your trips sound so exciting-can't wait to follow along!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy anniversary to your parents! We had a 60th celebration for my in-laws last year. How nice that you celebrated Purim with your friend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love having friends of different ages. It would be so interesting to learn about Jewish traditions. Your parents looks so sweet and cute together! Sixty years together is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello my Lovely!
    Yes you are a Lioness and a rockstar one at that! ๐Ÿ’—
    Could your folks be any cuter?? Happy anniversary to them and cheers for many more๐ŸŽ‰
    My Mom for a while studied Hebrew and the culture. And I had friends as a child that were Jewish and I loved going to their home for celebrations. It's so interesting and such a rich faith and culture.
    I love any time with you here in Blogland -but when you need a break it's good you do what works for you. We will always be here!
    Blessings xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ah, enjoy your Alaskan cruise. I love the blogging community, and I have found when I need to take longer breaks, they are always here for me when I return. Do what's best for you and we'll support it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm so excited for your travels, B's graduation and our blog trip too. Lots to look forward to! My blogging has been kind intermittent lately because I don't really feel like posting if not much has been going on. My daily life is just not that exciting! I can't wait to hear about your apartment hunt!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ohhh how fun is the cruise going to be! I'm glad you have such a good bond with your daughters! I took an almost month long break from blogging and thought it would be permanent, but here I am, blogging again :)
    Congrats on the new apartment! That will be fun to decorate and enjoy a different vibe of living! And your parents are adorable!! It's so nice to visit your blog again friend!

    ReplyDelete

Hodgepodge ~ September 30, 2026

 Hi blog friends!  How are you?  Thanks to Joyce, I am linking up with Hodgepodge this week. 1. When you think of autumn what sounds come to...