Friday, June 5, 2026

Friday Favorites ~ June 5, 2026

 Happy Friday!  We made it through the first week of June!  Here are a few favorites from my week....

Jenn came over Monday and we sat by/in the pool for a few hours.  It had been almost 2 weeks since I had seen her. It was the perfect weather day to do this.

My recent college graduate arrived and moved back home this week! She has worked on getting her room set up and I am working on the overflow of things no longer needed.  
We have been passing in the days/nights, but we did have one night when we were both home and I made homemade pizzas with sourdough discard for crust, added marinara sauce, mozzarella cheese and turkey pepperonis.  It was quite delicious.

Wednesday afternoon, I had about 45 minutes at home between errands/appointments, so I sat outside once again by the pool.  I am enjoying this feature!

I met up with some ladies for dinner and then went on a walk by myself afterwards in the neighboring community.  It is so cute and the sky was beautiful.  Even though the temperatures have been warmer during the day, the nights have still been pleasant outside.

Next to my daughter moving home, this was a HUGE favorite of my week....I resumed dance lessons!  I went after work Thursday and loved doing this again.  My daughters bought me a gift certificate for some more lessons so I will do this for a few months.  I loved being with my instructor again.  Most of the dances came back to me and I had so much fun with him again.  We did the rhumba, cha-cha, swing and a little bit of mambo.  
After the dance lesson, I got frozen yogurt with my co-worker, went to a work event at a hospital, then went to my town square for live music.  It was a great night again to be outside and the music was good too.  This was 80's and 90's country music.

Wishing you all a happy Friday and weekend!



8 comments:

  1. What a fun week! Your pool looks amazing- I am sure you will enjoy it all summer! Yeah for going back to dance- hope you will continue writing about it- seems so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you're keeping busy! I'd be happy to live in a place with a pool too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a nice week! I love that you will go to the pool for pockets of time, too! You don't have to don your suit!
    How is roommate life going? Good on you to go ahead and declutter as needed. I am so happy you have dance in your life again! Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so glad it's been such a great week for you! That pool feature is so nice. I plan on using it with you some more soon! I am glad to hear that Brook is getting settled and that you're working on the overflow of things you don't need for the time being. I'm sure it felt a little overwhelming at first, but it's good that you're getting it done! Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The pool looks so refreshing. How fun that B is home. and I'm so happy your back to the dance studio.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That sounds like such a wonderful week. The pool looks amazing and oh so relaxing. Enjoy your dance classes!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lovely week! It’s so great that you’ve gone back to dance classes. The pool looks so nice and relaxing-Ruth@playworkeatrepeat

    ReplyDelete
  8. The pool looks wonderful and how great to spend the day with Jenn. Yay to having your girl home. Those pizzas look delicious, we are making our own tonight.

    ReplyDelete

Hodgepodge ~ September 30, 2026

 Hi blog friends!  How are you?  Thanks to Joyce, I am linking up with Hodgepodge this week. 1. When you think of autumn what sounds come to...