Wednesday, June 3, 2026

Currently Hodgepodging ~ June 3, 2026

 Good morning!  I am linking up with Joyce for today's edition of Hodgepode & Amy for Currently.



1.What's something you find extremely difficult that most people would say is simple?

Oh so many things I can't do well :).  A few examples, drawing, singing, playing an instrument, playing a sport.  Then there are things like this.....
I was checking out at the store Monday and literally the girl had to take my card and insert it into the card reader.  

2.  "And so with the sunshine and the great bursts of leaves growing on the trees, just as things grow fast in movies I  had that familiar conviction that life was beginning over again with the summer." 
~F. Scott Fitzgerald

Does the season of summer make you feel this way? Elaborate. 

Yes, I do believe that life is beginning over with the start of summer.  This comes from being in a new place and having a summer vacation planned.  

3. Pickles. Love 'em or no thank you? What's your favorite type of pickle? What's something you eat that definitely needs a pickle added?

No thank you.  I am not a pickle person. 

4. Tis the season...do you know any June brides? Are there any weddings on your summer calendar? What's your favorite movie wedding? 

Why yes I do!  One of my dearest friends daughter gets married this month and my daughter is maid of honor.  I am honored to be a part of the rehearsal dinner and also assisting the mother of the bride that day.  Bonus, I will get to see both daughters at the wedding. 

My favorite movie wedding is Sweet Home Alabama, which is one of my favorite movies.  

5. June 1st is/was National Say Something Nice Day...say something nice here. 

I am beyond thankful for the in real life friends I have made through this blog world.  I love that I can text fellow bloggers and talk on the phone with them.  I love the trips we have taken and laughter we have had in our new seasons of life.  I am thankful for you, the kind reader of my blog and I consider you my friend even if we haven't met in person! 

6. Insert your own random thought here. 

Now I am transitioning to Currently with Amy!

Enjoying

 So on my drive home from Savannah last Saturday, I encountered several heavy pockets of rain.  None lasted too long though, thankfully.  At one point, the sky was dark, raindrops were falling, but I could also see the sun peering out to shine.  This image really struck me.  It was just a reminder that in the dark clouds of life, the sun is there.  Sometimes these things are happening parallel at the same time.  Sometimes, you can't see the sun at all, but you will see it shine again.


Wearing

I did an Amazon Prime Purchases on some clothing purchases yesterday.  Click here to see those!

Watching

I am watching Outlander.  It is a rough show, but I am in too deep now that I can't turn back.  I watched it so much weekend before last, I think I was shocked when I stepped outside and didn't live in the 1700's Scotland or North Carolina.  I watched 3 seasons that weekend.  Probably not my proudest moment, but I needed to escape the date on the calendar and keeping my mind in another time/place did the trick. 

Listening to

I have been listening to a lot of music while on my road trip last week.  Bear with me, my playlists are quite the variety.  First, a new song to me is Good Plans, by Red Rocks Worship.  

Also, while on road trips, I like to listen to themed playlists.  On my way to Savannah, I listened to my Georgia playlist and Brook playlist.  I may do a whole other post on my playlists!

I also listened to a lot of Prince music :).  I call that playlist, Purple Reign.  Get the play on words there?  

Buying

In addition to the Amazon purchases from yesterday, I have recently purchased new summer items for home and outside.

First, I realized in my 2 moves within a year, I did not have any sunscreen.  I purchased this necessity this week.

I also purchased this perfect size, quiet mosquito repellent for my patio.  

On the subject of bugs and after my road trip, I ordered this bug remover to use on my car. My car wash doesn't remove these stubborn bugs from the front of my car.  

I also have 2 of these portable fans.  They are magnetic, so I have one outside in my garage and one in my kitchen.  I used one when I traveled and it was the perfect size.  The magnet is also perfect for a cruise because the walls are magnetic on a cruise ship.  This fan is also very quiet!

May you feel the sun shining on you today, regardless of the weather in your area.
Happy Wednesday!


19 comments:

  1. I am so grateful for blog friends! The community is positive and the ability for strangers to meet on a platform (not a dating platform, lol), recognize something in someone else's words that resonate with them and decide to befriend them is nothing short of amazing :). The meme about being a teenager back in the day is so funny and true! I've had multiple store clerks take my card to run it through the machine so I know that feeling! The bug spray for the car is pretty great assuming it works (the before and after pics being not in order threw me for a loop!).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I wish the dating sites were as authentic as the bloggers!

      Delete
  2. I'm not always great with the tap thing and usually just put my card in the slot instead of trying to tap. The clerk usually says, oh you can just tap, but no sometimes I can't lol. I love that meme! Outlander is a bit rough. I loved the first couple of seasons especially but we never watched the final season. Distractions are sometimes necessary. Glad you have a vacation planned and hope you have a wonderful first summer in your new home!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That photo is stunning! I love your love of playlists. That is so cool to have a Georgia and a Brook! Love! That wedding will be so fun and so will your cruise. You have a lot to look forward to and a lot of QT with the girls.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Music is a fun hobby for me! I am thankful for the upcoming time.

      Delete
  4. I am not a pickle person either! I had to laugh at the meme and hearing about your tapping problems. It really would be helpful if each machine was made the same way.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This was a great post! I always love seeing the sun shine through heavy clouds. You had great purchases this month with your new home and personal things. That fan will be one you use time and again!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's a great photo and thought with it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh I am intrigued with that mosquito repellent- let us know how it works please! That image from your drive is magical and maybe even spiritual- your words are so very true XO

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ahh! I can't do any of the things you mentioned well too but yes all the things from years ago, I am brilliant at! hehehe
    Finally, someone else who isn't a pickle person! I was starting to think I was the only one.
    Oh wow! The sun peeking from behind the clouds is a fantastic photo!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this post - so much fun packed in! That cloudy/sunny pic is gorgeous. I love your shopping shares and may have even been inspired to get some treasures of my own - so thank you. :) I LOVED Outlander!! Watched every season and so sad that it's over. It's worth sticking with it. So good!! And could Sam Heughan be any more sexy...er perfect as Jamie Fraser?? Lol Blessings to you my Friend. 💗

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm so thankful for our friendship! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Marilyn, that "tap" thing on the credit card machines always makes me look like a dummy :) Half the time I have to look for it and then hold my breath just right to see if it works. I love the picture you shared of the rain. Such a great analogy. I always think "joy comes in the morning" when I need a reminder that the sun will shine again and tomorrow will look like a brand new day. I've never watched Outlander. Lately I've been watching a show called "It's Not Like That" on Prime.

    ReplyDelete
  12. That fan looks like a must have! And also, some kids that came over to our house had that same sunscreen and I loved the smell!

    ReplyDelete

Hodgepodge ~ September 30, 2026

 Hi blog friends!  How are you?  Thanks to Joyce, I am linking up with Hodgepodge this week. 1. When you think of autumn what sounds come to...