Friday, August 28, 2026

Friday Favorites ~ August 28, 2026/Amtrak

 Happy Friday.  My week has been good overall, but has seemed a little slow.  Since my trip, I have kept up walking every day, which has helped me feel better.  I try to walk outdoors most evenings, but have also walked inside on my walking pad a few days.  I am thankful for some shade and evenings that have not been too hot to walk. This is my first favorite!
A few other favorites:
I had lunch with a former travel agent co-worker that I hadn't seen in at least 2 years this week.  We sat for 2 1/2 hours and it was so fun to catch up with her! 

 My apartment complex had a paint night so we went to paint little flower pots one night too. When I came home from work yesterday, they had left me a small gift at the door for coming.  I love where I live!

Now I am going to jump back into my trip from last month.  To end my time in Canada, I took an Amtrak from Vancouver to Seattle, Washington early one morning.  The train stations are so pretty.
I bought the business class ticket, which is not too much more than coach and it was 100% worth the extra cost.  I felt like I had my money's worth before I even boarded simply by being in a shorter line!
This was my chair for the 4 hour ride, but I did have someone sit across from me, but that was okay.
The scenery along the coast was so pretty to see.  
Then I arrived back in the USA in Seattle, Washington.
I had a view of the baseball stadium from the train station.  I walked a few blocks this time with my luggage to the Seattle ferry station. I felt like I utilized planes, trains, automobiles and the ferry a lot in my first week!
It is so pretty to see the sights of Seattle from the ferry!  

I will do a post on Bainbridge Island and Seattle next week.

I hope you have a great weekend and thanks for reading friends!



8 comments:

  1. You really did navigate so many forms of travels on your trip! Your painted pots are adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love those little flower pots y'all painted! They turned out really cute. I love where you live, too! I love the views you had from the train into Seattle, and that first ferry view is breathtaking. You really did use all of the ways to travel!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So so fun- I just love how independent you are- you are totally inspiring me! Can't wait to see more from the Seattle leg of your trip!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I love train travel! I also love a ferry! I think I talked about this on Hodgepodge, but my family took an epic Amtrak trip from Chicago to Seattle when I was little. We take the train into Chicago from Lake Michigan when we go there for the beach. It's so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such pretty pictures! We did a train trip from Anchorage and it was so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is good you have been able to do some walking even if it is inside. I always feel good about things the more I exercise.
    The paint night sounds like a lot of fun and it does sound like you live in a great place.
    It sounds like you had a fantastic train ride and Seattle is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Way to go with the walking. Your apartment sounds like lots of fun. Love the planes, trains, and ferries photos!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is so fun that your apartment complex does such fun things like that! I love how yours turned out!

    ReplyDelete

Hodgepodge ~ September 30, 2026

 Hi blog friends!  How are you?  Thanks to Joyce, I am linking up with Hodgepodge this week. 1. When you think of autumn what sounds come to...