Good Monday morning to you! I have a quick weekend update and then I am recapping my time in Whistler, British Columbia Canada.
Friday night, Jen and I went to dinner and she came over afterwards. We had fun laughing, crying and catching up. Saturday morning, I made huckleberry pancakes with a mix my oldest daughter bought for me. Wish she could have been here to enjoy them! I spent all of Saturday at home catching up on little things and then hung out with a friend that evening. Sunday was church and more time at home. I went walking later in the day and then stopped by Jen's for a Sunday night visit. I am so thankful we live close! I am so thankful I am still able to walk to church and not be knocked out by the heat. It was a tad cooler Sunday morning and I didn't even use my fan while on my walk! It was a lovely weekend.
I am sharing some pictures today from Whistler, British Columbia Canada and a few other side pictures from my drive a few weeks ago. Whistler is a little under 2 hours north of Vancouver. I highlighted my time in Squamish on Friday, which was the best day. Thank you for all the kind comments! It was truly spectacular! I arrived in Whistler that night after visiting Squamish, and my goodness, this ski town is darling. This was the view from the balcony of my hotel room.
It was quite cool and a little rainy, but I had the best time walking through Whistler Village.
I stayed at the Hilton Whistler and enjoyed sitting in the lobby that evening by the fireplace. My room actually had a wood burning fireplace, but I opted not to use it.
The next morning, I walked over to Olympic Park, which is a part of the Whistler Village. There are several gondolas that take you to the mountaintops, but I opted not to spend money doing those because of the cloudy weather. Walking around this area was so fun!
Hilton Whistler
These door signs made me giggle.
On my drive back to Vancouver, I pulled over at every stop I could. I mentioned this Friday, but the views kept blowing my mind. I would think, okay, this is the prettiest view ever. Then I would go around the corner and the next prettiest view would open up in sight. Y'all, I could make that drive every week! I did stop at this park to take a short walk to this waterfall where I had someone take my picture. Traveling alone, most of my pictures are selfies! These were pictures were later on day 4 of traveling alone and I was still having the time of my life!
Some of my driving views.....
I said a few times that it isn't fair to the rest of the world just how much beauty is in this area! God's creation is showing off beautifully there! However, I love seeing the beauty of creation all around me.
Hope you had a good weekend and may your Monday be beautiful with whatever is around you! Thanks for reading!


Your weekend sounds nice- how wonderful to get to hang out with Jen and another friend as well. Your pictures from Whistler are so good! I can see how you had the reaction of, "this view is the prettiest" and then a minute later seeing another one that seemed like the prettiest! The waterfall is gorgeous; I can imagine how it sounded. Thanks for sharing your lovely photos!
ReplyDeleteI enjoyed the low key weekend and it is so fun to re-live the trip through blog posts!
DeleteOH that does look like such a beautiful area! My husband has skied Whistler (and never ever took any photos) so it's nice to get a visual of the area.
ReplyDeleteOh wow! The village area is so quaint. I'm sure it is even more picturesque in winter.
DeleteIt sounds like a nice weekend! The views remind me of Glacier National Park and the Tetons to some degree. I have only been to the border between Detroit and Canada - Windsor. I would love to explore more of Canada. Tom's German cousins did a Canadian train trip!
ReplyDeleteI went to Windsor when I was in high school when I visited a friend in the Detroit area. Glacier is stunning too!
DeleteI am SO GLAD we live so close! The only thing better would be if our homes were connected like that pic I sent you on IG. HA! The Whistler day is beautiful! I remember you sending me that pic of you at the waterfalls.
ReplyDeleteYes, that would be amazing!!
DeleteAnother beautiful destination! I love following along on this adventure with you :)
ReplyDeleteLooks beautiful! When my daughter lived in the PNW we used to say God worked his way across America and had a little extra beauty left so it was sprinkled there. If you've never driven the Oregon coast it's another stunner. Good for you traveling solo. It's such a confidence boost. Hope you have a nice week and so glad you're a good friend to Jenn. She's lucky to have you close.
ReplyDeleteYes, He did! Maybe next time I can see some of Oregon.
DeleteLooks beautiful there!
ReplyDeleteSo beautiful!
DeleteIt sounds like a lovely catch up with Jen and yum to your huckleberry pancakes.
ReplyDeleteWhistler looks like a fantastic place to visit and the hotel looks gorgeous! It looks like you had a great time exploring! Fantastic photos and views.
It is always fun to be with Jen! Whistler is darling. Thanks Kim!
DeleteThis was beautiful! And the fireplace in the room is dreamy! I wouldn't remember how to start a fire though, its been so long lol. I'm glad you had a great trip! Thanks for sharing!
ReplyDeleteYes, I didn't brave the fireplace, even though they did provide the starter log.
DeleteWOW!! It really is so beautiful! I am glad you took so many pictures and are sharing them with us. Your weekend sounds lovely too. Can't wait to see the rest of your trip!
ReplyDeleteI loved hearing about your weekend and Whistler too. It looks like it was more crowded there when you were there than when we visited (in May 2023.)
ReplyDelete