Wednesday, August 12, 2026

Hodgepodge ~ August 12, 2026

 Happy to be back with the Hodgepodge after missing last week's post.


1. I saw a meme on Instagram that went like this-'The movie Dirty Dancing came out in 1987 and was set in 1963, so if remade in 2026 it would be set in 2002. Now I need a little lie down in a dark room for a while." 

Time is crazy isn't it? So...what were you up to in the year 2002? 

I was living in North Carolina and had a 1 year old daughter.  I was a stay-at-home mom at that time and loved life.  It was really such a sweet time.  I had lived in NC for 4 years at this time, so I had finally made friends and it felt like home.  I moved back to the Memphis area the next year.

2. "Me? I'm scared of everything..." What's something that scares you that you'd like to try anyway? 

I recently spent 4 days alone on a vacation and it was wonderful!  I was a little nervous about that part of my trip and so thankful I did this!

3. Watermelon-yay or nay? Which melon is your favorite-watermelon, cantaloupe, honeydew. Of the watermelon food/beverages listed which would you say yes to...

watermelon salsa~watermelon feta salad~watermelon sorbet~

a watermelon Jolly Rancher~a watermelon margarita 

Honestly, I am not a huge fan of watermelon.  I do like cantaloupe and honeydew though.  I would choose the watermelon salsa out of my options above.  

4. August 12th is National Middle Child Day. Are you a middle child? If not, where do you fall in the birth order in your family of origin? Do you think this has influenced your personality? Elaborate. 

I am a 3rd child, the baby of the family.  I have an older sister and an older brother, although he and I are Irish twins (we are 11 months apart in age).  I very much am the baby of the family :). They take good care of me and I'm so thankful for my siblings!

5. Would you rather talk to everyone at a crowded party for a short time, or have a significant conversation with two people? Explain. 

Hmm...this depends on if I know the people at the party.  If I don't know them, I would rather have a significant conversation with 2 people.  If I know the people, I would like to at least say hi to as many as I can and still have one or two conversations.

6. Insert your own random thought here. 

This whole picture just makes me happy.  This is us on the last night of the cruise with one of our waiters, Donaldson.  We had anytime dining and rotated between 4 restaurants on the ship.  We had him as a waiter Tuesday night and went back to sit in his section on Thursday night.  He was really the only employee we connected with, but he was the best.  We were laughing so hard and all making a sign with our hands saying "clock it"!


My goal is to start blogging my trip next week.  This week back to reality with work, friends and family is taking my priority.  

Thanks for reading friends!


13 comments:

  1. That is a great photo from your trip! Congrats for spending 4 days on vacation by yourself. I'm glad that went well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am looking forward to hearing about your cruise and the four days of vacation you took by yourself. I'll bet you have some wonderful pictures and I look forward to seeing them. Your oldest and my oldest are close in age. Jacob was a year old for almost the entirety of 2002.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a cute photo. He looks so nice. I didn't realize you were the baby of the family. I knew your sister was older. I also wonder if the male/female siblings matter in birth order since parents sometimes treat them differently. So interesting. Re-entry after vacation is hard!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can't wait to see more from your trip- looks like a blast! I love how you have lived in some different places- must make for such interesting stories

    ReplyDelete
  5. How wonderful that you spent that time alone on vacation, it would scare me too but I do think I would love it.
    The photo at dinner did make me smile, I can see you are all having the best time!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm excited to read about your trip! I wish I had older siblings!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think solo travel is such a confidence builder. I did a little bit in Europe and it really gives you courage in other areas of life to know you can do something hard and enjoy it. I look forward to hearing about your trip.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi,
    That is me too with #5.
    #2 ... good for you. You did it!!
    Sending a big HUG!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can't wait to read all about your cruise!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your cruise photo! Everyone looks so happy...even your server! We are counting down days until our cruise...and this photo just made me excited!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm just so happy that your trip was everything you wanted! It's so nice when things work out that way!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I enjoyed your answers. A gal I follow goes away for a month..most of it is just her and then she'll have others join..she calls it Me Camp. I love the idea. Once a year I go by myself to visit my aunts in Ohio for a week. I'm with them most of the time, but I'll also go for walks by myself, take the golf cart out and tool around the island if they have things to do. It's kind of my version of a Me Camp. I'm not responsible for anyone else but me.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Where in NC did you live back then? I've never lived anywhere else, but I have lived allover this state and I love it!

    ReplyDelete

Hodgepodge ~ September 30, 2026

 Hi blog friends!  How are you?  Thanks to Joyce, I am linking up with Hodgepodge this week. 1. When you think of autumn what sounds come to...