Tuesday, September 15, 2020

Good Eats ~ September 2020

Good morning.  Today I am linking up with Xtremelyv blog for the Good Eats series.  I am sharing a few recipes I have tried this past month.  I enjoy cooking and experimenting with new recipes.  

The first recipe is High Protein Chocolate & Peanut Butter Banana Bread from the House on Silverado blog.  I used 2 scoops of chocolate protein powder and instead of regular peanut butter, I used chocloate peanut butter powder I had on hand.  I like bananas, but am not a huge banana bread fan. This bread doesn't have a strong banana taste, but it tasted really good.  I also used Lily's brand sugar-free chocolate chips.


The second recipe is Spaghetti Squash Bolognese by Pioneer Woman.  I made this with low-fat ground beef, but it could even be healthier if you used ground turkey or a mixture of ground beef and turkey.  This motivates me to cook spaghetti squash even more because it is so filling and so good! I also used this recipe for homemade marinara sauce.
I cut my spaghetti squash 2 different ways without thinking about it :).
It is so fun to shred up the noodles!
For the other servings, I sprinkled parmesan cheese on top of this and we ate it right out of the squash.  I served it with carrots and these cheesy sheet pan breadsticks.

The 3rd and last recipe is for french toast.  I served it with some scrambled eggs, turkey sausage and orange slices.  For the record, I have found some turkey sausage that is really good, but when I eat bacon, I am not a turkey bacon kind of girl.  Here is my recipe for French Toast:

Serving:  3 slices
1/2 T. vanilla
2 T. almond milk
1 egg
Dash of cinnamon
3 slices bread (I used Nature's Own sugar-free bread)
Sugar-free maple syrup

Mix vanilla, milk, egg and cinnamon in a shallow dish.  Dip bread in mixture.  Cook on skillet sprayed with cooking oil and cook on medium heat.  Or, cook in air fryer at 350 for 15 minutes.  I cooked mine in the air fryer and turned it over 1/2 way through cooking.  Serve with syrup or other topping of choice.

This has become a weekly adventure to try out some new recipes and trying to make them healthy, yet still enjoy good tasting foods!  

Have a great day!


2 comments:

  1. All of that looks so good, but that chocolatey banana bread had me at the first picture. I must be hungry. Lol. Thanks for sharing, I need to try some of these! I also love The Pioneer Woman...I've been reading her blog since the beginning. See you tomorrow, hopefully!

    ReplyDelete

Hodgepodge ~ September 30, 2026

 Hi blog friends!  How are you?  Thanks to Joyce, I am linking up with Hodgepodge this week. 1. When you think of autumn what sounds come to...