Wednesday, September 27, 2023

What's Up Wednesday ~ September 27, 2023

 


What we're eating this week.........
Here is a snapshot of some meals the last 2 weeks. 
Salmon over quinoa/brown rice with zuchinni and squash
Tomato cream pasta with shredded chicken, served with broccolini and Rosemary braid sourdough bread
I am recently obsessed with sourdough bread.  This is a loaf I bought and we ate half of it and I froze the rest of it.
This is me trying to re-create a menu item from a local restaurant.  This is a base of quinoa/brown rice with roasted sweet potatoes, grilled onions & peppers, shredded chicken, with some broccolini served on top. I served sourdough bread on the side.
I bought some fresh okra at the farmers market this month and made fried okra.  I just sliced the okra, sprinkled it with salt, pepper and cornmeal then cooked it in my air fryer.  It was delcious!
A friend from Louisiana brought us some sausage when she came to visit this summer.  We sliced it and added it along with onions, peppers and pineapple on skewers to grill.
This was a quick, low thought dinner one night.  I added shredded chicken (there is a theme here....I try to keep some cooked shredded chicken in my freezer to pull out for meals), salsa verde and shredded cheese on low carb tortillas, topped with a little salsa on top and cooked in the airfryer.  I served this with chips and avocado.
It has been forever since I had made homemade meatballs, but my husband mentioned he wanted some, so I tried this recipe.  I served them over spaghetti with marinara sauce.  This was very easy to make and delcious the first and second time I ate it.
After dinner Friday night, I made these cookies, which were from Trader Joe's.  These were also delicious 2 days later!

This week's menu is pretty easy....
I am only cooking 1 night this week and it will be a jumbalaya mix with sausage.  

What I'm reminiscing about.......
I am always going back anytime before the past few years.  I miss a lot about those days, but am trying to live as best as I can in the present.

What I'm loving...........
I am loving the temperatures being enjoyable outside, especially in the mornings and evenings.

What we've been up to..............
September was a busy work month for me, in addition to moving my youngest to college for year 2.
I will do a post on both these events next week!

What I'm dreading............
Just a few hard situations going on right now, but am thankful for counseling and good friends to encourage me.

What I'm working on.............
I am actually working on a new part time job.  I began a new part time job this week, but it is low key.  It will be working from home for about 8-10 hours a week, but I do have a lot to learn.  This will be in addition to my "main" part time job.  

What I'm excited about.............
Say it with me, cooler temperatures!!

What I'm watching/reading.............
I watched The Bear and am in the midst of watching Only Murders in the Building and Virgin River.  I am so behind on watching Hallmark movies, but I am working my way through a few of those.  I also began watching the new season of The Voice this week.

I am reading through my bible study book, which is called Open Your Bible.

What I'm listening to..........
The fan, sounds of home....I am so thankful and don't take that for granted.

Outside of the time of writing this, I am listening to podcasts.  I am listening to the Big Boo and the rest this month are on marriage and family topics.

What I'm wearing.........
I am beginning to transfer my summer wardrobe to my guest room closet as I wash clothes in anticipation of bringing in my fall clothes.  I am wear short sleeves, whether that be a dress or with jeans, but pairing it with my denim jacket or a cardigan most days. 

What I'm doing this weekend..........
I have a work trip that involves seeing my oldest daughter, so I am excited to spend time with her.  I always love visiting Chattanooga!

What I'm looking forward to next month............
October is such a fun month will a lot of fall activites, so I am hoping to find something to attend.  I am very much looking forward to my youngest daughter flying home for a weekend and we will do a post-celebration of her birthday since she will be at college on her actual birthday.

Thanks for reading along and have a great Wednesday!




4 comments:

  1. Your meals all look amazing! Did you like Tacos-N-Ganas? My favorite there are their street tacos with barbacoa (sp?) steak. I'm sorry to hear you're going through some things...I am always around if you ever need another shoulder to lean on! We really need to see each other again soon, I feel like we have lots to catch up on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the term, ¨low thought¨ dinner and may have to borrow it! I had such a meal yesterday and it was much like yours! I threw some chicken breasts in the crock pot with salsa and taco seasoning. When it was done, I shredded it. I had it over some tortilla chips, Alyssa made a taco salad with it and Alyssa´s boyfriend and Donnie had it in flour tortillas. Your upcoming trips sound so nice- how fun to get to see your girls soon! Have a great Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your dinners look so healthy and delicious! How did you cook the salmon? I'm challenged when it comes to seafood. It sounds like you have some good time with your girls coming up soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. All your food looks so delicious and so healthy! Congrats on the new job; I hope it goes well.

    ReplyDelete

Hodgepodge ~ September 30, 2026

 Hi blog friends!  How are you?  Thanks to Joyce, I am linking up with Hodgepodge this week. 1. When you think of autumn what sounds come to...