Monday, December 18, 2023

Hello Monday ~ December 18, 2023

 


Good Monday morning!  Here we are a week away from Christmas.  It is still a work as usual week for me until noon on Friday, but I am still looking forward to the week.  

Last Friday afternoon, Brook and I went to my sister's house to help because she is keeping 4 of her grandchildren this weekend, so those are 4 of my greats.  Here I am with 3 of them and I love getting hugs and playing with these kiddos.
My sister is such a fun grandmother at the age of 56! She was hosting an Elf movie party for the kids that night, so we helped her with the decorations.

Friday night, we walked to the lake in our neighborhood to see the Christmas lights along the water.  The only thing better than seeing Christmas lights is seeing them being reflected in water.

Saturday morning, I wrapped the girls presents because neither of my girls were home.  I wrapped while watching the Hallmark movie "Christmas at the Biltmore". This is my favorite Hallmark Christmas movie of the season so far!

Saturday afternoon, I worked on tagging coats.  My sister and I are hosting a coat drive for the 3rd year in a row in memory of my great nephew, Callaway.  We have 76 coats collected and we will deliver them to 2 schools today.  This is such a joy to do!

Sunday, I went to church and we had a church Christmas dinner that evening.  It is always good to be with my church family.  

I always enjoy the weekend to get caught up on reading blogs, listening to podcasts, going through emails, laundry and watching Hallmark movies. 

Hope your weekend was good and enjoy your Monday festivities!





7 comments:

  1. Your sister does sound like a fun grandma! How fortunate for the grandkids and your sister´s kids whose mom is around and loves to spend time with her grandkids. The lights reflected in the water are so pretty. Christmas lights are the best! I hope you have a wonderful Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a perfect weekend! I'm so glad you got to see your greats. My sister is also a really fun Gigi, and is always doing fun things like that with my great nieces in Colorado. I want to be like that someday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh this weekend sounds so festive and perfect~! Thank you for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful weekend! I have always wanted to put lights on our deck for our across the lake neighbors. I love seeing the lights reflected on the water too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It sounds like a nice weekend! I hope you get some festive breaks during your work week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like you and the greats had a wonderful time! It's so much fun spending time with kids. Your sister knows how to make it a fun time! Sounds like you had a productive weekend! I love the lake lights. So pretty reflecting off the water! Hope you have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really enjoyed Christmas at the Biltmore too. I'm not sure yet, which is my favorite that I've watched. Hope you have a great week.

    ReplyDelete

Hodgepodge ~ September 30, 2026

 Hi blog friends!  How are you?  Thanks to Joyce, I am linking up with Hodgepodge this week. 1. When you think of autumn what sounds come to...