Here we go...another month down in 2024. Anyone else ready to celebrate 2025 with me yet? Here is a recap of July and I'm thankful for God's goodness in the midst of a difficult year.
What I'm eating this week.........
Brook has been sending me lots of random recipes this summer. One was a croissant stuffed with a cookie. I took a Sweet Loren's chocolate chip cookie along with a Pillsbury croissant and created this!
If you are looking for dinner recipies, I have cooked twice this summer, so I'm not the best one to go to for new ideas. I eat leftovers from random meals out for lunch and usually eat a bar & crackers or something exciting like that for dinner.
What I'm reminiscing about..........
Childhood pictures that come up of the girls get me all the time.
What I'm loving..........
I am enjoying planning an early fall trip for me. You can take the girl out of the travel agency, but you can't take the travel agent out of the girl! I even went old school and received 2 travel guides in the mail over the weekend! I still like to look through a paper magazine/guide to help plan. I am going to an area I have been to many times, but it has been so long since I have been there.
What I've been up to.........
Last week was busy checking on my mom and dad when she had 2 surgeries. Thankfully, she is home now, so thank you for the prayers! Funny thing, this is the book my dad brought to read at the hospital. Backstory, my dad taught anatomy for 45 years, so this is his passion. Again, you can take the anatomy professor out of the medical school, but you can't take the anatomy professor out of the man!
What I'm dreading...........
Brook returning to college this fall, but yet I'm excited for her too as she will be living in a new place and going back to study something she really enjoys.
What I'm working on..........
This month was all about cleaning out drawers, cabinets and going through bins in the attic. I still have more work to do, but it felt good to throw away some things this month and give things away.
What I'm excited about.........
I get to meet my new great niece in a few days!
What I'm watching/reading...........
I am watching the Olympics!
Brook and I also watched the Dallas Cowboy Cheerleaders documentary on Netflix. I also watched season 3 of The Bear this month.
What I'm listening to.........
I am listening to lots of podcasts and audiobooks! You can click here to read about podcasts I listen to on a regular basis. I also added the podcast, Women in the Middle: Loving life after 50 to my list. I have only listened to one episode, so we will see if I continue or not with this one.
For books I am listening to, come back tomorrow to read about those and link up with us for Share Your Shelf!
What I'm wearing........
Dresses most days!
What I'm doing this weekend........
Brook and I have some fun plans for the weekend, which I will post about next week.
What I'm looking forward to next month........
I am looking forward to a vacation, which will hopefully include a few days sitting on the beach!
What else is new...........
Brook and I have been to 3 estate sales this summer and this week, they featured us on their instagram page.
I purchased this table, a shelf to put under a cabinet and tissue paper for Christmas. We went on the last day of the sale, so everything was half price!
Come back tomorrow to join us for Share Your Shelf!





All those old photos of your girls are so precious! Yay for some time at the beach and a fall trip in the works. I had plans to clean out the house this summer but that didn't happen... though the family would argue that there is nothing left to clean out!
ReplyDeleteHa! Yes, I feel like there is at least always something hidden somewhere that can be cleaned. Thanks!
DeleteThat anatomy book is funny! I didn't know you were a travel agent! Sorry that I missed that detail. I am excited for your trip and to hear about it. You've been having lots of Brook time lately and I love that!
ReplyDeleteYes, I spent a lot of years doing corporate travel. Having Brook home has been a favorite this year!
DeleteNeat items at the estate sale! And how fun to get them for half off. That is my kind of sale- sale on top of sale!! Love the throw back pictures of your sweet girls. Good luck travel planning! It is something that I do not enjoy- I really need to reach out to a travel agent for our next trip! Have a great day :).
ReplyDeleteYes, the estate sales has been a fun new thing this summer. I enjoy the trip planning, so for a big trip, a travel agent can be helpful. You too!
DeleteAh, the pictures of your girls are so sweet. I have two girls too, and the sweetness of those years is such a treasure. I love to plan travel too. I'm glad you have a fun trip on the calendar! Enjoy your estate sale purchases!
ReplyDeleteYes, me too. Having 2 girls is a delight!
DeleteI loved reading your answers! I love the pics of your girls; those always get me too! I am not always in a great place to view memories and Timehop, but when I do look and skim quickly, I love the old memories. I need to know about your fall trip! I can't wait to hear about this. Enjoy your day, my friend, and have fun with your little great for a bit today!
ReplyDeleteCan't wait! Yes, those memories are bittersweet for sure.
DeleteThe old pictures are really cute! I'm also dreading my daughter going back to college. It's nice when she's home.
ReplyDeleteSo nice! I think it is a bittersweet time for sure watching them go.
DeleteIt was a fun post to see!
ReplyDeleteSo glad to hear your mom is home. Love the table! Estate sales can be a lot of fun!
ReplyDeleteGreat blog
ReplyDeletePlease read my post
ReplyDelete