Wednesday, August 21, 2024

Hodgepodge ~ August 21, 2024

It's time for Wednesday's fun hodgepodge post with Joyce! 



1. What's the last thing you completely overreacted to? 

Oh mercy.  I have probably overreacted in little ways at work to little things.  For example, the printer at work will not sync up with my computer.  I have to use another computer that belongs to work if I want to print anything.  And sometimes, that doesn't work on the first try, so my patience is pretty short with the printer!  

2. Your top five snacks? 

This is fun!  

1.  Frozen yogurt

2. Caramel M&M's

3. Protein Bars
I usually eat a Built double chocolate bar or...
a Quest bar every day.  For Quest, I go back and forth between double chocolate chunk or chocolate brownie for the flavors. I don't like protein bars with nuts :). Both of these brands taste so good. 

4.  Cheese sticks
I eat a low fat one many days for a snack.

5. Chips and salsa/guacamole
How can one go wrong with this choice??

3. What smell always brings back some type of memory? Elaborate. 

The first thought that came to my mind is honeysuckle.  We use to have a honeysuckle plant on the side of our house and I vividly remember standing there with friends to tast the honeysuckle.


4. What's something you learned from the last book you read? 

Oh, there was so much from the book, Still Standing.  Here are two quotes:

"The enemy wants you to feel alone and to stop praying.  He wants you to give up.  He wants to keep you stuck in his darkness and confustion. He wants your to lose your faith & joy.  Don't believe his lies."

"Take it one day at a time.  Just for today, put your hope in the Lord.  And then tomorrow, do that again.  Every day repeat your hope in the Lord.  "

5. What's the next thing on your to-buy list? Will you make that purchase before the end of the year? 

I just put an oven liner in my Amazon basket this week.  I hope to order it soon.  I tried cleaning my oven this week and it did help, but it still needs some work.  The self-clean doesn't make it spotless at all.  I want to get a liner to help avoid any more build up.  However, 99% of the time I use my oven now, it is just to bake bread! Do any of you use an oven liner?

Oh, and I also want to buy a water bottle to encourage me to drink more water.  

6. Insert your own random thought here. 

Truthfully, my random thought is sleep.  I am hoping I get some sleep tonight (finishing this post Tuesday night).  This will be fun blog posts to read with these questions!

26 comments:

  1. I have never used an oven liner. I use my self-clean feature on occasion but I remember a repairman in my previous house tell me they often cause problems (mine did in that house) so I'm a little nervous about it. I like the idea of a liner...would love to know how that goes. Honeysuckle takes me back to childhood too. They grew along the fence at our neighborhood pool and when it was time for 'adult swim' all the kids would hang out at the fence and taste the honeysuckle. Have a good day! I overreact on a regular basis to technology not working as it should.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The fact that other kids did this same thing with honeysuckle makes me smile! I will let you know about the oven liner. I have never had great success with self-cleaning ovens.

      Delete
  2. I have not considered an oven liner, although that seems like a smart idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was SUPER tired yesterday but I think I slept pretty well last night. So I totally get your random thought today!

    ReplyDelete
  4. An oven liner?! What?! I didn't even know they made those. That is so smart!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have just heard of these this year and want to try one to avoid the mess at the bottom of my oven!

      Delete
  5. I've heard of the oven liner. That might be good for me. I hate to clean my oven. The self-cleaning feature doesn't work and emits toxins that bother me, not to mention the energy it takes. The oven liner sounds like a good option for me.
    I also have good memories of honeysuckle, but I didn't write that down. I write down the things that instantly pop into my mind, and then after reading, I want to change my answers.
    Oh well, its only a Hodgepodge.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree about the self-cleaning oven. I agree that so many other answers trigger answers for me too!

      Delete
  6. I need an oven liner. I bought the liner for around the gas rings but didn't think of an oven liner. Frozen yogurt, yum! I had a sync problem with my computer and printer, SO frustrating. It finally worked its way out, but not until after each page took six minutes from pressing print to actually printing! Thankfully, it's back to printing right away.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yep, thanks for reminding me about an oven liner. I need to change mine. Also, i have lost my patience with a medical practice that still has not done what it should have done 2 weeks ago. I pray that God makes me a better ambassador for Him.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh that is so frustrating. Yes, these times will certainly test us!

      Delete
  8. I knew fro yo would be on your favorite snack list! Honeysuckle brings back memories of visiting my grandparents in Pennsylvania during the summer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course! I am so glad my favorite place is just 10 minutes from my house, which is also a little dangerous too :).

      Delete
  9. I did not know that such a thing as oven liners exist. It sounds like a product worth investing in. Two of the best fro yo places near us closed! So depressing as I love it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree! Oh, that makes me sad that these fro yo places don't always stay in business long.

      Delete
  10. Yum! Caramel M&M's... and I love any sort of frozen yogurt or ice cream. I loved my oven liner; sadly my new oven can't accommodate one but it was great for easy clean up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's so interesting with your new oven. The caramel M&M's seem a little more filling to me than regular ones :).

      Delete
  11. I have not used an oven liner. We rarely use the oven. I took note of your protein bars. It is so hard for me to get the required amount of protein. I like the pineapple Dole Whip flavor. I don't eat many sweets. I would like to try the caramel M&M's. I hope they get your computer in sync with the printer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The protein bars help and there are so many varieties of protein drinks as well. Have a good day!

      Delete
  12. Our friend has a Wolf range. She lined the bottom of her oven with foil and the foil adhered to the oven and ruined the finish. I had never heard of that happening before, but it is because of the type of material used in the oven. An oven liner seems like a great idea. I can never get the window in the oven door clean! Any ideas on that? I'm not taking it apart like I've seen some folks do on Youtube.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yikes! I need to do a deep dive on cleaning the oven door. That is something that I can't seem to get clean.

      Delete
  13. Yes to the snacks! I haven't had froyo in years, though. I don't love protein bars, but Built at the best I have had.
    I didn't even know an oven liner was a thing.
    I used to pick honeysuckle and smell it as a kid!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The oven liners seem to be new to most of us! I recommend the Built bars and they different varieties.

      Delete

Hodgepodge ~ September 30, 2026

 Hi blog friends!  How are you?  Thanks to Joyce, I am linking up with Hodgepodge this week. 1. When you think of autumn what sounds come to...