Tuesday, November 12, 2024

Talking About it Tuesday ~ Birthday Day in the Life

 Whew, I am a tired girl, but full of love and support!  I am doing a little birthday Day in the Life from yesterday.

I woke up at 3:30 yesterday morning after some terrible dreams unfortunately.  That was the 4th time I had woken up so I decided to play a worship playlist from Spotify.  I finally got up around 5:30 and started forming my sourdough since I had set out my starter Sunday night.
I wore my 11/11 bracelet on my birthday!  I wear it all through November.
Due to lack of sleep, I used some eye masks as I was getting ready.
One of my sweet families who love on me often called via Facetime and their girls sang Happy Birthday to me since they knew it was my first birthday to wake up alone.
I met Jennifer for breakfast.  It was delicious and fun to catch up with her.
After breakfast, I met another friend at a coffee shop and I enjoyed a hot tea.
I then went to lunch.
My outfit of the day
I stopped at Ulta and picked up this free gift.  I have a few more freebies to pick up throughout the month.
I came home to rest and started this Hallmark Movie. I talked on the phone some and responded to lots of texts, Instagram and Facebook messages.
I got ready and went to my birthday party hosted by some friends at her neighborhood clubhouse.
It was my favorite type of food.....appetizers!
My boss and work roommate came and I am so glad to call them friends!
Two dear friends from my old church
My girls were in each of these girls weddings. I always call them my "young" friends since I met them all when they were in college and are at least 15 years younger than I am.
This has been a sweet friend to me for the last 20 years and she came and drove me to the party.
These are all precious friends who go to my current church with me.  I'm so thankful!
These are friends I have known for the last 20 years at least.  We all homeschooled our kids in the early years and went on many a trips together.  Love them!
Y'all know my precious friend Jennifer!
These friends all shared a sweet word to me and it was so, so encouraging.  It was such a special time for me.  I wish I could have written it all down. I got more birthday gifts than I think I have ever received on a birthday!  I got such a variety of things and also got so many Christmas ornaments and decor!  I bought a new tree this year and so many purchased a Christmas themed gift for me.  I am so excited to decorate! Look at all these goodies!  The 3 pillows were gifts too!
I brought home these flowers and these were also birthday gifts I received!
I came home, did another prep to cold proof my sourdough bread then worked on the blog.  

Thanks for all the birthday wishes and following along with me on this day!



15 comments:

  1. I am glad you felt so loved on your birthday! What wonderful gestures throughout the day including meet ups, your party, and those fabulous gifts. Loved seeing all the pictures of you and your friends. Hope you slept better last night :).

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fantastic day! I would say that God answered every prayer prayed over you yesterday. The blessing portion of the evening was so sweet! Some words were used over and over: grace, strength, fun, joyful, gracious, respectful, intentionality. Maybe that can be a starting point for you to write some of what was said down in a journal. You are loved!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was sweet and I felt the love. I would have loved to have written a lot of that down. I need to write down those words!

      Delete
  3. You have so many friends to celebrate with! That's great.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great group of friends you have! I'm so glad you were celebrated so well!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That sounds like such a fabulous day of celebration! You got some really sweet and lovely gifts too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was overhwhelmed in a good way with all the love and gifts!

      Delete
  6. So happy to hear you were spoiled on your special day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You have an incredible, supportive group of friends, and I'm so glad they all got together to celebrate your birthday! Those gifts...wow! They have great taste!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am thankful and I was so surprised to get all these gifts! It was one of the best birthdays!

      Delete
  8. Marilyn, not sure how I missed your post yesterday but you are so loved! Look at all the people celebrating you!

    ReplyDelete

Hodgepodge ~ September 30, 2026

 Hi blog friends!  How are you?  Thanks to Joyce, I am linking up with Hodgepodge this week. 1. When you think of autumn what sounds come to...