Happy Monday! Somehow, last week got away from me and I didn't make it to blogging but twice. This week has a different schedule for me, but I still hope to back to my regular 3 or 4 posts this week.
Now I will recap last week and the weekend!
Last Monday, I was able to meet Jenn for lunch at our favorite place. It was funny, we just assumed where we would be meeting! It was delicious and always a fun time!
I made 2 loaves of sourdough last week and 2 loaves yesterday! I am giving away some, but usually make 2 loaves every week and a half or so.
I went back to dance class last Thursday night. It was a free rhumba class and it was super fun to be back dancing.
Friday, I went to John Mark's and met up with Jenn and her mom and sisters for a few minutes. The table is decorating goals!
Friday, I was headed out to meet a friend for dinner and sent this picture to Jenn on my way. I am wearing my new dress I bought while in Texas.
Saturday morning, I met Jenn and her sister at her neighbor's pool. It was nice to jump in a pool and swim a little bit on such a hot day.
I came back home and this look of my backyard awaited me. It was full of branches all over the ground and in desperate need of being weed eaten. For the next 3 hours, I hauled branches to the street and slowly used my weed eater and finished about 75% of the yard. It is a little too big for me to finish in one afternoon.
I got a little scared when I saw what I thought was a rock start moving. Then, I realized it was this turtle!
I went inside and brought out a few bacon bits to feed him and proceeded to name him Rocky. I had a pet turtle when I was a kid and his name was also Rocky.
I took a late afternoon shower and got in bed at 8pm Saturday night. I was quite tired!
Sunday morning, I went to church and Target then met Jenn for lunch.
I watched an episode of the new America's Sweethearts about the Dallas Cowboy Cheerleaders Sunday afternoon with Brook. We enjoyed watching the show last year so are back to watch this years season.
This meme sums up my sleeping lately!
Have a great day friends and thanks for reading!



What a fabulous week of favorites! Your bread looks delicious.
ReplyDeleteThanks! I love making it...and eating it :)
DeleteEnjoyed reading about your weekend! That little turtle- how nice of you to feed (and name) him :). Your dress is so pretty and how fun that you got to spend time with Jenn and her family. I hope you have a great Monday!
ReplyDeleteI have always liked turtles. Thanks friend!
DeleteI can't believe you did all that yard work yourself! Talk about a workout! You had a full week and weekend. The dress looks gorgeous! Full picture? Ha! Only if you want to!
ReplyDeleteI will post a full picture of the dress soon! Yes, I was exhausted from the yard work for sure.
DeleteThe yard work must have been exhausting in the heat. I'm glad there was some pool time in your weekend too. Our neighbors have a jet ski 'port' and turtles love to line up on it to catch the sun. So cute to see them all there...they won't let me close enough for a picture. Have a nice week!
ReplyDeleteOh that's funny about the turtles! After swimming, it seemed like a good time to do the yard work. I took lots of breaks though!
DeleteWhat a fun week! I only blogged once last week as the week got away from me too. You look beautiful and so happy in the photo with your summery dress. I hope you have a wonderful rest of the week :)
ReplyDeleteYes, that happens! Thanks Ruth and you too!
DeleteWay to go on all of the yard work!
ReplyDeleteThanks Brianne! I was thankful to have it behind me for sure!
DeleteI'm glad we've seen each other so much lately! Thank you for always being a big part of my weeks, friend. I wouldn't want to do life with anyone else, as much as we see each other! I love that dress from Friday night and the one you had on yesterday. And your "messy" salad looks delicious! Now I'm craving SS again. I may have to cheat on you again this week and go without you! Have a great day, soul mate. Love you!
ReplyDeleteMe too! Ha, I will miss Salad Station with you this week!
DeleteThat meme cracked me up because it is so true! Love your dress for your lunch with Jen- so happy to read when you two spend time together. You are such a yard work ninja- great job- I could never do it!
ReplyDeleteSo true! Thanks friend! I am so thankful for Jenn. I try to keep up the yard. It is hard work!
DeleteYum to the sourdough and how wonderful to be back dancing!
ReplyDeleteOhh! I would have loved to swim in a pool on Saturday, it was red hot here!
How cool to find a turtle.
It was fun!! Stay cool!
DeleteYour hair and your new dress from Texas...#goals! You look great! The turtle is so cute, did he eat the bacon bits. I also had a pet turtle as a kid, but it was a red-eared slider kept in an aquarium with rocks and a little water. Yard work can be depressing, because you finish it and then it's time to do it all over again. have a good week. :)
ReplyDeleteThanks friend! The turtle did eat them! I agree about the never ending yard work!
DeleteMy daughter and I are watching The Dallas Cowboy Cheerleaders show too! I have seen them all since they began years ago. I really like the format now that it is on Netflix. Have a cozy afternoon, and stay cool!
ReplyDeleteI missed the first part of the show on CMT, but have enjoyed the Netflix special. You too!
DeleteI love that you fed the turtle! Gabbie is watching the Dallas Cheerleaders show too.
ReplyDeleteI remember feeding mine bacon bits when I was a kid. The DC show is entertaining.
DeleteYour loaves of bread look so yummy! I've never attempted to make homemade bread, but one of these days I want to try. And I love your new little "pet" turtle!! That's so sweet that you fed him.
ReplyDelete