Wednesday, April 1, 2026

Currently Hodgepodging

 Happy Hodgepodge and Currently Day!  These ladies are some of my favorites.

1. March is rolling on out of here. Sum up your March in ten words or less. 
March was lonely, except for the week Brook was home for Spring Break.

2. Are you afraid of heights? When was the last time you found yourself dealing with a height, and did it make you nervous?

Less and less do I like heights.  I will ride a roller coaster, but I won't do a zipline, sky dive, or anything like that.  Oh goodness, I can't remember a literal height I have dealt with in the past year.

3. What's a word you struggle to spell on a regular basis, and sometimes need to double check before writing it down? Use the word in a sentence that tells us something about your April calendar. 

Cinnamon.....For some reason I can't ever remember if it has 2 n's or 2 m's.  

"I made cinnamon sourdough bread this month and hope to make some in April".

4. Love 'em or hate 'em, with Easter comes the sweet treat known as Peeps. So... do you love 'em or hate 'em? Speaking of peeps, what's your favorite way to have chicken? 

I would have to go with hate 'em. I certainly don't love them or would eat them.

I like a good grilled chicken with seasonings.  Chicken salad, chicken spaghetti, and poppy seed chicken are some other favorite ways I like it. I actually made poppy seed chicken last night for dinner.


5. This week's Hodgepodge lands on the first day of April, which happens to be National Poetry Month. Do you like poetry?  Share a favorite line or two from one of your favorite poems. What makes this one a favorite? 

I don't follow typical poetry, but my thought goes to the Psalms in the bible for poetry.

6. Insert your own random thought here.  

Planting or hatching (literal or figurative – like planting an idea or hatching a plan)

I would love to have a houseplant for my new apartment!  

I plan on walking outside in my new neighborhood.  It is a very walkable area & I am excited about this.

Cleaning (spring)

I will be cleaning my new apartment next month when I move in and decorate.  I will also clean in the house where I am currently living.  I have a pile of donations to make as I have been getting rid of clothes and a few other random things as I pack up again.

Eating and drinking

I have been eating frozen yogurt, sourdough bread and a lot of Mexican food in the month of March!


Reading and watching

Age of Attraction
 Virgin River
Kelly and Mark
When Calls the Heart
Bachelor Mansion Remodeling Show on HGTV

Loving

Spring weather

Texts/phone calls from my daughters

Baseball season

Shopping for my new apartment - I have bought oh many new things for my apartment, but the biggest purchase I have made is a new sofa!  I am very excited about this.  It did seem weird/sad to go do this by myself thought.  It also felt very independent too and I am definitely an independent woman.

Any time with my greats


Hope you have a great day & thanks for reading!




20 comments:

  1. Oooh! Cinnamon sour dough? That sounds amazing! It sounds like a delicious month for sure. I love that your new apartment is in a very walkable area; perfect for this time of year too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is yummy! Yes, I am excited about getting outside to walk again.

      Delete
  2. The book of Psalms is so good for poetry. I didn't even think of that! I like it when speakers in the New Testament quote from Psalms; you can really tell the poem nature of the Psalm when it's quoted in the NT. I'm sorry the past month was lonely though you had a good week with Brook. I know you have quite a few plans coming up. Can't wait to be a part of them :).

    ReplyDelete
  3. I struggle with cinnamon as well, so that was a good one! I also thought of the book of Psalms for poetry, but I didn't share that. I went with a modern day poet, instead. I thought of you last night as I watched a softball game...baseball season is fun! I would love to go to a game this year; it's been ages!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wishing you an April that is less lonely in March- filled with your people and all sorts of fun and a successful move! So exciting for you :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry you have been feeling lonely. Sending love and hugs.
    I think the older I have got the more I have became afraid of heights.
    That cinnamon sourdough bread sure looks good.
    How wonderful that you will be able to get out and walk in your new neighbourhood and that frozen yoghurt looks so good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kim. I am excited about the new walkable area where I will live.

      Delete
  6. I bet that cinnamon sourdough was so good! Does your new apartment have a clubhouse? Wondering if they have any activities? I love that it's a walkable area. That will be so nice. Do you know what type of plant you want?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is delicious! Yes, they do have a clubhouse and activities! I am thinking of a snake plant

      Delete
  7. Your cinnamon bread looks really good. That's one of my favorites! I have been reading the Psalms in this lenten season and they are so good for the soul. I sometimes put them on to listen to while walking and I really enjoy that. Happy Easter to you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was delicious. What a great way to listen to the Psalms. Thanks and same to you!

      Delete
  8. The cinnamon sourdough looks so good! And I always love me some Mexican food!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can't wait to hear more about your apartment and new furniture! The poppy seed chicken looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think I find that my fear of heights is worse if I'm not enclosed in something, so I also avoid things like a zipline, etc.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I always love returning to blogger and picking up where I left off :) I'm excited to see your new place and I know you're excited for a new chapter! That chicken looks absolutely delicious, and I agree with you about heights, I've never liked them but the older I get the less I am willing to even deal with it. I guess I'm getting very set in my ways lol.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hello dear Friend! Your posts always make me hungry - you enjoy such good things! That cinnamon bread looks amazing. I'm with you and don't like peeps either - but they're cute to add for decorating. Lol So excited for your new space and to make it yours. It will be fun to see how you decorate and settle in. Blessings to you and your family for a very joyous Easter. ✝️🌸

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm not afraid of heights when I'm on a plane!

    ReplyDelete

Hodgepodge ~ September 30, 2026

 Hi blog friends!  How are you?  Thanks to Joyce, I am linking up with Hodgepodge this week. 1. When you think of autumn what sounds come to...