Friday, July 3, 2026

Friday Favorites ~ July 3, 2026

 Happy Friday friends!  Here are a few highlights of my week and favorites.....


USA!

USA won their World Cup game Wednesday night! It was so fun to watch.

Modern conveniences

I am thankful for so many conveniences such as clean water, medicines, electricity, indoor plumbing and all the things the colonists didn't have when fighting for our freedom.  Two conveniences that stand out to me from this week are air conditioning in this heat and a garage when it is raining.

Sleepover

Last night, we had us a little sleepover with 4 of my great nieces...a 9 year old, 6 year old, 5 year old and 4 year old.  Love these girls (and of course their siblings) so much!

Memes

Here are a few memes that have been around social media this week I have liked...


Drinks

I was able to buy a drink for 25 cents on a promotion one day this week!  I couldn't refuse at that price.
I also created my own dirty soda with a coke zero.  I added ice, a splash of coffee creamer and a little bit of lime juice.  It was pretty good.

Wishing you a Happy 4th!
(sharing this picture from 20 years ago or so...I often would use candy as decorations...M&M's, twizzlers and yogurt covered pretzels)







8 comments:

  1. OH yes, so thankful for air conditioning this week for sure! Happy 4th of July.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness those memes- PERFECT and so true!! Agree about modern conveniences. They didn't know what they were missing but it's still super impressive to build a civilization/ country without AC!! Love the decor with festive colored candy and your pop drinks this week. How fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have decided the lime juice is not a good part of the dirty soda. I am only doing creamer now! I think the Diet Dr. Pepper and vanilla cream works really well.
    I bet you were tired after that sleepover! I hope Brook helped!
    I love your candy mantel. So cute! I have used conversation hearts before at Valentine's Day. I remember my mom eating my decor. I told her it had been out for a few weeks and she didn't care. My mom loved candy and that's why we paid tribute to her with the candy snackle box in our hometown!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your sleepover must have been so cute! That first meme made me smile.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your list of favorites today, especially about our country and the many freedoms we're so fortunate to have. I'm thankful for all of that, as well. I can't wait to hear about your night with the little greats! Maybe we can chat today at some point. Love you, bestie!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my - love those memes - so true! I figure if I've been drinking diet coke for the last 40 years, stopping now won't matter much! I also often think about the colonists and settlers and what they had to deal with. I'm not sure I'd survive! The soccer is so fun, and I can't wait for Monday night's game. Who am i?!?! Hope you have a wonderful 4th!

    ReplyDelete
  7. England won their World Cup game on Wednesday too, ours was not fun to watch, it was rather stressful. lol
    How lovely to have some of your great nieces for a sleepover!
    Those memes did make me chuckle!
    I need to try a dirty soda! They are not a big thing over here but I keep reading about them on blogs.
    Have a fab weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. We are loving watching allll of the World Cup games lately! Some of these games are downright stressful to watch- my heart rate is through the roof!

    ReplyDelete

Hodgepodge ~ September 30, 2026

 Hi blog friends!  How are you?  Thanks to Joyce, I am linking up with Hodgepodge this week. 1. When you think of autumn what sounds come to...